• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Iso unicor nf2d manual

Sparkyz911

New guy 'round these parts. I am a member of a volunteer rescue squad (Central Illinois) and have been tasked with repairing some surplus equipment, hence my joining up. (We currently have a HMMWV, ground mounted MEP, 2 portable gensets).

We have 2 UNICOR NF2D portable floodlight sets that need fuel system overhauls. Details:
NSN 6230-01-382-7265
Kubota D905-E diesel motor
7kw Kohler generator
2 big ol' lightheads
all in a 4 wheeled, pyramid shaped (sort of) housing/trailer.
These are the same ones used mostly at air bases for backup/temporary lighting.

The problem is that the old diesel has turned "algae" so the tanks need dropped and sent to be boiled out. We will also be replacing rubber fuel lines, fuel filters, and at only 1 fuel/primer pump (fingers crossed).

I searched the forums and saw a lot of manuals on MEP stuff but nothing for the NF2D. I mostly need it for the design/construction/disassembly aspect. I've scoured the corners of the net and cant locate anything. Any help?

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's not showing up as an Army Tech Manual... you might have to contact the mfrs for specific manuals for their parts. Or hope someone has USAF check ability... or Navy per FedLog...

Guyfang

Staff member
Please post some pictures. I might have the manuals, or be able to locate them. If they are the light set I know, then yeah, the zoomies would be best for a sourse. They had millions of them. The army had lots of them, but they were never supported with manuals.

Sparkyz911

I'll hafta check with a guy I know at the 183rd airbase. As for pics, I'll get them up after work tonight.

I was able to get the tanks out after some trial and error. Lots of shrouds to remove.

Sparkyz911

Got busy repairing and forgot about this. Never able to locate TM. I searched using Kubota part numbers and ultimately found the primer pumps needed. Fuel lines and tanks were disassembled as I went. Both Gennys back in service. Thanks for the help.

Guyfang

Staff member
I am going to Graf again in the morning. Had no luck last time, the motor pools were closed, training holiday. I haven't forgotten, just need to get in on a day the soldiers are at work. Maybe someone will be good to us!

As far as I remember, there was never a TM per say. It was all info from the various manufacturers in a notebook. About 3-4 inches thick.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am going to Graf again in the morning. Had no luck last time, the motor pools were closed, training holiday. I haven't forgotten, just need to get in on a day the soldiers are at work. Maybe someone will be good to us!

As far as I remember, there was never a TM per say. It was all info from the various manufacturers in a notebook. About 3-4 inches thick.
Better than nothing

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Found the engine and gen specs but no luck on the size of the fuel tank.

Hopefully you will score the manuals.

Bikers33

Never give up the ship. I will continue to look, as long as no one tosses me into the klink.
Please let me know if you are successful, I am still trying to figure out how to ground this thing to use it as an emergency backup generator. I am going to test it if the ground is bonded or not, then figure out which is the safest way to wire up a plug to backfeed to the house.
I'm still looking forward to some of that German Beer!!!!

rustystud

I was having a bad day. Sorry. But today, I will be trying something new from Gunderbräu! Christmas beer!
OK, now your getting Ugly mean ! You know if you had any Christmas spirit you would send everyone on Steel Soldiers a bottle of one of those good German beers your enjoying so much ! Just a thought .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks