• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

It's Alive!!

1956_4x4

I finished replacing the fusible links in the harness. I grabbed both of the batteries out of my Blazer and hooked them up in the 1031. I found that there was power to the light circuit, but there was no power to the ignition circuit. After making repairs to a couple of connections in the fuse box, I thought I had the problem fixed. Once again I was wrong!

I started working my way back through the harness and found someone had moved the main power supply for the ignition circuit to a new location in the firewall bulkhead connection that attaches to the back of the fuse box. After relocation the wire back to the original position I had power to my ignition circuit. I used a push button switch as a temporary replacement for the start relay that was missing under the dash.

The engine roared to life after a couple of cranks. The only problem I've found so far is a rear main leak.

Well, I guess it's a step forward.

Smitty