• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

It's Alive!!

1956_4x4

I finished replacing the fusible links in the harness. I grabbed both of the batteries out of my Blazer and hooked them up in the 1031. I found that there was power to the light circuit, but there was no power to the ignition circuit. After making repairs to a couple of connections in the fuse box, I thought I had the problem fixed. Once again I was wrong!

I started working my way back through the harness and found someone had moved the main power supply for the ignition circuit to a new location in the firewall bulkhead connection that attaches to the back of the fuse box. After relocation the wire back to the original position I had power to my ignition circuit. I used a push button switch as a temporary replacement for the start relay that was missing under the dash.

The engine roared to life after a couple of cranks. The only problem I've found so far is a rear main leak.

Well, I guess it's a step forward.

Smitty

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks