• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

It's here! Modeler's Forum!

citizensoldier

RE: I have been looking for this kit..

I have found them for sale on ebay before.. I think Revel made a M543 also.. They just jump up high in price and I rather buy 5 others for the money.. Those wreckers are cool but man they are exspensive.. If I come accross another for sale I will PM it to you..

Adamlee

Re: RE: I have been looking for this kit..

citizensoldier said:
http://www.oldmodelkits.com/index.php?detail=9748&searchtext=wrecker

This is why I dont have one.. I would buy a hard top for my real 1 to 1 first :D
I dunno...that's a pretty badass vintage kit.....

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
RE: Re: RE: I have been looking for this kit..

i looked at that kit but it is in 1/32 not 1/35, you can get a 1/35 resin wrecker kit that uses the 900 series cargo as the starting point

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: I have been looking for this kit..

I used to build 1/25 scale trucks....mixers, tractors and trailers, dumptrucks, tow trucks, etc. I have seen 1 M35 with a ring mount. One of these days, i'll buy it and build it. Let's see som pics of the stuff others have built. Nice A-10.

joec

Re: RE: Re: RE: I have been looking for this kit..

citizensoldier said:
Did you look at the first links I posted? You can get a complete resin M816 kit for $170.. Maybe do some fab work and make a M819... :D

The kits are really nice!

M819 would be nice!

67Beast

WillWagner said:
I used to build 1/25 scale trucks....mixers, tractors and trailers, dumptrucks, tow trucks, etc. I have seen 1 M35 with a ring mount. One of these days, i'll buy it and build it. Let's see som pics of the stuff others have built. Nice A-10.
AFV Club, makes an excellent 1/35 M35a2. Highly detailed and does come with a ring mount and 50 cal. I've built several of them and still have a few more in boxes waiting for me to get to them.

Attachments

joec

67Beast said:
WillWagner said:
AFV Club, makes an excellent 1/35 M35a2. Highly detailed and does come with a ring mount and 50 cal. I've built several of them and still have a few more in boxes waiting for me to get to them.

The M35 is excellent. Great Job

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The AFV Club M35 is definitely a superb kit. The version I have (there are several) includes the winch and cargo cover, along with gun ring, etc. Nice job on yours, 67B.

I also have the Real Model M813 kit. It was expensive (something like $115 from a guy in the Czech Republic) but those are the only 800 series trucks to be found, so...
The real M813/M35 cabs share common parts, those resin kit parts are identical to the AFV M35 kit parts. So are all the little parts- lights, light protectors, mirrors, etc. The resin chassis is identical to that of the Italeri M900 trucks. I'll leave it to you to figure out how all that happened!

If I ever get them finished, I'll post some pics.

Cheers..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks