• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

It's not a deuce

BILLDEUCE

Trying to come up with some type of slogan or saying to have made into a sticker to put on my truck. Saying it's not a deuce it's a 5ton anyone have any good ideas or thoughts?

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have the same problem talked about in this thread: people keep calling my truck a REO (as in a Deuce built by Reo). My solution (not ready yet) will be a T-shirt with a Deuce and a 5-ton next to each other, with the following text:

No it is NOT

• [*=center]a REO

[*=center]a Deuce

[*=center]a 2 1/2 ton

Proud owner of a Kaiser Jeep 5-ton Dump Truck

Hawssie

That brings me to a question. Whats the purpose for a deuce in the Military in the first place( at least now). Having a whole different 3 axle lighter duty truck doesn't seem sensible. Nothing against the Deuce (well maybe a little). I guess the military figured that out with the newer Fmtv Lmtv Cabover trucks where the 2 1/2T only has two axles and the 5T has three, most of the rest being the same except engine HP tuning for output.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not an expert but a Deuce in war time in a lot of situations is easier to handle and work with than a 5-ton. The here-famous Czech Prage V3S and the Dutch Daf are also in the 2 1/2 - 3 ton range. In WW II and the first part of the Cold War, that size just was easier to do. So the military just continued that tradition for a long time.

Today, at least the Dutch Army uses trucks for transport that are directly based on existing civil versions, like the DAF YA 4440 series (4-ton trucks) with single rear axles; as you say, double axles are overkill in almost all situations for those trucks.

wiggall

I kind of have the same problems in Parades I have signs on my doors that say: ( 1968 Kaiser-Jeep M35A2W/W !) And I get a Vet or two who will yell " THAT IS NOT A JEEP!" I am not saying that it is a little jeep, but it WAS BUILT BY Kaiser-Jeep!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks