• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Jack nut removal

Bobert

I found another antenna mount that I forgot I had the other day and decided to put it on. I thought I would share my method of removing the jack nuts that hold it on. The first time I did it I cut it off but this time I got them out and reused them.

1. Break it loose with an impact wrench.
2. If it just spins, wedge a screwdriver in there and spin it.
3. As it pulls out wedge something bigger until you can pry on it.

It is a lot easier than a sawzall. Does anybody else have any tricks on these?

Attachments

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just purchased a box of new ones. I had to buy a box of 100. I haven't installed them yet. Hopefully this week.

topgun217

Where does one purchase these elusive "jack nuts"? When I purchased my 1009, someone went and pyied 8 of them off so my holes are kinda big. I plan on hammering them back down so I can install two antenna mounts. Second question is, how do I install them once I find the jack nuts?

Thanks in advane for any assistance

blackhueys

napa has them they are sometimes also called riv nuts as you use a big ass rivet gun to install them just like a rivet. not hard to install at all i have done a lot never screwed one up yet.

mistaken1

Last edited:
Mistaken is right! got a box of 25 rivnuts at grainger for 10 ten bucks. Threaded a 5/16 bolt with nut into it and tighten the nut while hold the bolt. Its a snap! To get out old one just drill out flange with 1/2 bit and it drops out the back. PM me if local and you need a few I used 5 and have rest left over.