• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

JATONKA's winter project: M35 dump/plow truck

surfdog

Just got my truck back from JATONKA. I had him mount up a 4 way plow, convert it to a dump bed, and install his awesome spin on oil filters. That's JATONKA in the first picture, and me in the second.

He did a great job!!! The pictures tell the story. I don't have a picture of the bed all the way up because I had a bunch of loose ammo cans in it at the time of the pictures.

Just in time for the big Nor'Easter coming up the coast tonight!

Now all I have to do is get the 1200R20 tires mounted on it and it will be done.

Attachments

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like the trailer, would look good with the M48 and M59 on it headed west!

wehring

XMLs

What size are those tires? They are to narrow and short to be 395s. I like them.

Great work on the truck!

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
John is one of my favorite old farts. When I see him at Jim Thorpe, I know spring is right around the corner. Nice looking truck. i love the dump bed and plow, and it looks like you are gonna get plenty of work in the next 2 days.

jatonka

BFR, the tires Surfdog showed us are 12.00R 20s. They are HUGE compared to 12.5R20s. As old english tire sizes go, 9.00, 10.00, 11.00, 12.00 etc. The point 5 sizes are all different and smaller than their point zero counterparts. His 12.00R 20s are just a bit less than 45 inches tall. JT out

jatonka

And to think I just said something real nice about how I got to know you this summer and we are about like brothers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Then I even told him you are the salt of the earth and with guys like you in America we will always be the greatest Nation on this earth. and blah blah blah. Can't wait to find you in FT Knox, then we'll see if Proud American can catch Aces &Eights. JT PS, You're still "Aces" in my book

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
And to think I just said something real nice about how I got to know you this summer and we are about like brothers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Then I even told him you are the salt of the earth and with guys like you in America we will always be the greatest Nation on this earth. and blah blah blah. Can't wait to find you in FT Knox, then we'll see if Proud American can catch Aces &Eights. JT PS, You're still "Aces" in my book
Make that 8 inches!!:roll:

P.S.....Lets see if Aces & Eights can get close enough to Proud American to see her rolling!!:beer:

Oh...and seriously...everything you said above...ditto to you. You're a good troop Sir!

Attachments

vtdeucedriver

We taking bets on who will win???

Mikey90744

BFR, the tires Surfdog showed us are 12.00R 20s. They are HUGE compared to 12.5R20s. As old english tire sizes go, 9.00, 10.00, 11.00, 12.00 etc. The point 5 sizes are all different and smaller than their point zero counterparts. His 12.00R 20s are just a bit less than 45 inches tall. JT out

I see this said all the time but cant find it on the net to verify that my numbers are right, but i think a .00 tire is the same as an 85 series tire with the metric sizing, and a .50 tire is the same as I believe its a 65 series tire. dont quote me on what series they are equal to, but I think thats it.

and sorry not meaning to hijack just thought Id throw it out there

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks