• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

July 4th Parade - Edmond, OK 2009

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
July 4th Parade - Edmond, OK 2009 *UPDATED*

Calling all Oklahoma SS. (anyone else also ;-))

The Oklahoma City Chapter of SteelSoldiers is partaking in the Edmond, OK Forth of July Parade/Festival

************** UPDATE *****************

The schedule is :
0630 - meet at the State Capital
0645 - Convoy up Lincoln Blvd to I-35
0745 - Meet at Prestaging area at UCO Campus
0800 - Gather at Final Staging area
0800-0845 - Prep nVehicles and load passengers
0845 - Prade starts

Remember to bring plenty of liquids and flags. Also DO NOT throw object from the vehicles
Warthog out

Last edited:

hoopsoft

Well, 20 degrees is ok, cause I got a heater, 95 isn't cause I don't have an AC.. LOL

The whole insurance verification thing is currently a problem too.

How does 1075 have a wrecker I know the last wrecker thread he said he was gonna have to get one of these? How can you put a fire out with a wrecker anyway?? LOLOL

StreetbikeDepot

Hey Jeff if you decide to go I should be able to cover you on my fleet coverage.

I'm not too sure if I can make it or not, we have an Ice Cream festival here in Tuttle on the 4th with a parade as well.

M1075

Well, 20 degrees is ok, cause I got a heater, 95 isn't cause I don't have an AC.. LOL

The whole insurance verification thing is currently a problem too.

How does 1075 have a wrecker I know the last wrecker thread he said he was gonna have to get one of these? How can you put a fire out with a wrecker anyway?? LOLOL
I think everyone needs at least one wrecker. Pretty cool for parades, towing other vehicles, and general crane/winch use. Did you get everything running on yours okay?

coyotegray

Calling all Oklahoma SS. (anyone else also ;-))

The Oklahoma City Chapter of SteelSoldiers is partaking in the Edmond, OK Forth of July Parade/Festival

Tackettr has been in contact with the organizers and has the paperwork. He will need a copy of your insurance verification.

If we can get 20 guys and 13 trucks to meet in the middle of December, when the tempature was 20 degrees, we should be able to get that many in July.

Currently we only have 3 trucks signed up.

Warthog out
What time does it start?

We are running both of our trucks and a 105 for the American Legion in Crescent on the 4th mid day...

Andy...

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The first float/entry line up at 0800 and leaves the UCO Campus at 0845. They should reach downtown Edmond at 0900. I would say the parade lasts 2 hrs. So we should be done by 1100.

Here are the rules. Please pay attention to #7. No object are to be thrown from the trucks (no candy....:cry:)

Hope you can join us.

Warthog

Attachments

Last edited:

coyotegray

The first float/entry line up at 0800 and leaves the UCO Campus at 0845. They should reach downtown Edmond at 0900. I would say the parade lasts 2 hrs. So we should be done by 1100.

Here are the rules. Please pay attention to #7. No object are to be thrown from the trucks (no candy....:cry:)

Hope you can join us.

Warthog
Sounds like it will be a good parade but I will be in Crescent during that time... IM me if something else in the area comes up. Any excuse to play with the toy truck...:-D

Thanks,
Andy.

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like it will be a good parade but I will be in Crescent during that time... IM me if something else in the area comes up. Any excuse to play with the toy truck...:-D

Thanks,
Andy.
Hey Coyote, M813A1 and myself will be at the rescheduled parade in Nicoma Park on June 20th. You are welcome to join us.

It will be a whole 1/2 mile long parade. Anything to get to drive the trucks....LOL

City of Nicoma Park - Events

Or there is an event it El Reno this weekend. They close Route 66 and only allow old car to cruise for three hours. Also they have a burnout for anyone interested.

http://www.ercruisers.com/

Last edited:

Tackettr

UPDATE: I just recieved a post card from the LibertyFest Parade Committee, it says our application has been "accepted as submitted". Just to let everyone know, I put us down for 10-14 vehicles and only submitted my proof of insurance. However, I did write a note saying that each vehicle will have proof of insurance.

So, we seem to be good to go!!!!:-D We may look at an initial rally point before we move to the prestaging area. More to come later!!!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think we have 10 trucks confirmed. Lets see if we can get 15.

Only 2 weeks away.

Warthog

M813A1

Hi Guys !! I am looking forward to the 4th of July parade !! I was thinking and wondering what you guys might think of convoying back down to the New Buffalo Wild Wings on Sooner and I-40 for Lunch after the parade ?? I know their paking lot is big enough and the food is good . See Ya Soon !!

M813A1

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We now have 10 trucks confirmed. We have room for 4 more.

See schedule in the first post.

Warthog

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have received the final directions from the Liberty Fest. If you are still interested in attending please contact me and I will send you a copy.

We stiil have room for more trucks.

Warthog

M1075

The parade is just a few days away! Does anyone have room in their truck for a couple of passengers? I think I have a few of the OKC Thunder Girls talked into wearing some camo bikinis. Can anyone help? I can't haul them all.

M813A1

WELL LETS SEE !! I THINK MY M813 WILL BE FULL OF NOTHING !!! THEY WOULD PROBABLY LOOK GOOD IN THE BACK OF :-D:wink: WARTHOG'S TRUCK !!!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks