• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Jumping a "Deuce"

chuck500cc

I have read how to jump start a duce. But I need to see some pics if anybody has any on the correct placement of the cables from the "jumping vehicle" to the duce. I have read it ten times and I guess my ADHD meds are wearing off.

poppop

If jumping with a 24 volt vehicle hook the cables to the posts with the long leads attached, not the ones with the short jumper wire attached. Keep the polarity correct. If jumping with a 12 volt vehicle hook the cables to an individual battery. If it does not start hook it to the other battery. Sometimes only one battery is bad and you have to hook the cables to the bad battery for it to start.

emr

would anybody know where to get the lugs that go into the head of the slave able,or cable connectors , i have purchased 4 and found they were wired for the impact.. i guess.. just the one wire , and need the correct lugs they are long and nice, i took another apart to see what i need, Thanks Randy

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
73m819 said:
m1075, thats why the 50'ers are carried on the wreckers
50 ft slave cables! You need to begin to worry about voltage drops from 2 to 5 volts depending on conditions. Not so good on a cold day with "thick" oil in the crankcase...shorter is better.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I use a 25' NATO cable (thanks Wayne Harris) even though nothing here has NATO plugs. I figure with the adapters I can jump or be jumped by anyone. I did have a 12' 2 pin but I left that in the cargo when I sold it. Wonder if its still there. Walter, did you get that with the truck?

emr

I love the idea and am making a longer set to keep with the regular set in each truck , its for fun and for an easy jump in a tight spot,and i think its worth it to have, ,as for voltage drop, most vehicle jumps, i think are at a show or something and mabe a switch was left on,As long as the bats are in sound condition,<they> it just takes a little boost to get a good maintenenced truck back on the road, and of course like filling a pool, to a point, one can hook up and take 5.Always better to have more toys on the truck!! Randy

sermis

I had one of the cables that had been damaged. Barrman now has it, maybe he can post a PIC of the copper cable. The copper strands in these cables are thin and many. I also have some cables I am not sure what they are for. They have a screw latch on the plug ends.

sermis

Here is the assortment of cables I have.
1st one I think is a generator cable maybe. It has the lock ring at the connection head.
2nd and 3rd are 50’ with NATO ends.
4th I think is the old 2 pin style jumper cable.
Last one I am not sure. It is a 2 pin cable but has spring covers.

Attachments