• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Jumping in with both feet!

Bobbed4x4

Banned
Hi everyone,
This is my first post, just wanted to come on and say "Hi". I've been aware of the deuce for quite some time now. My dad has almost 30 years military service in and spent a lot of time around bases and so on as a kid. I was watching TV last month and happened on the Xtreme episode when they were starting the bobbed deuce. :drool: I ran to my computer to google "bobbed deuce" and have been obsessed ever since. Long story a little shorter... I ordered a bobbed version of the deuce from Hundy, and he started it just this week. It's got the hard top, heated, cold start, winch, air shift, power assist steering, D turbo, rifle racks and getting an M105 trailer to go with it. I will be picking this up in a couple weeks and driving it 1100 miles to its new Montana home. :driver: I'm getting the Goodyear AT2A 14r20 tires (hoping these might be a better tire for mixed hiway and offroad use).
I'm getting excited about the trip, going to spend a couple days in Vegas while I'm down there, and hopefully hit a couple good offroading spots on the way home. Definately going to be taking a lot of pictures on the trip home and will be sure to post the better ones for the pictures fans here. I can't afford to have it painted so that will have to be a project for me later this summer so it won't be the best looking. Here's a couple pics in stock form. Any advise and ideas would be welcome. :beer:

Attachments

markmontana

Welcome to the madness!

Be sure and stop by our place when you're driving back thru Ogden- we're right off I-15. Tools and a place to work on the truck if needed, and we're right next door to Boyce Equipment- a good place for parts, etc. I bought couple trucks from my good friend Hundy...

Attachments

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard and I'm sure you will enjoy the truck when Hundy gets through with it.

steve

Bobbed4x4

Banned
Thanks guys. I have already made plans to stop at a couple places on the way home. Which place is your Markmontana? Smith and Edwards by chance? I think that was one of the places I was thinking of... been a while since I've been down that way, but i definately remember the yard driving down 15. The other was a place in Idaho Falls. I need to pick a dummy pineapple grenade up for a shift knob [thumbzup] lol. And thumbs up on the avatar gunboy!

WyoDeuce

Hi bobbed4x4. I am in Laramie WY on I-80. If it's on your way stop by. Trucks, tools and a place to work if you need it. I have some friends who will drink beer and watch you work too!! Good luck on the trip. :cool:

Bobbed4x4

Banned
Impact Guns...sounds good (with the name like that it's gotta be good right?) lol
Earplugs... check (complete with ipod inserts)
Airseats... Already have some possible ones lined up, need to get it home to verify the fit
I'm in western Montana (Bozeman area) so I'll be heading down through West Yellowstone/Idaho Falls/Salt Lake City so won't be going through Wyoming... but I did live in Billings for a few years and know a few people from Laramie actually.
I'm getting so excited about this trip I'm even thinking about throwing the air mattress and sleeping bag in and camping out in the back of the truck on the way back lol. I can't wait to climb up in that bad boy!

63sierra10

Welcome from Worland WY. I am 3 hrs. south of Billings. If you have it down around this area get in touch we will have to do some trails.

Bobbed4x4

Banned
Thanks for the welcome guys. My deuce is now rolling on 4 tires! Thinking about starting a thread over in the road trips forum and posting about my 1100 mile trip home with it. Hundy's been sending progress pics, so I'll keep posting them if you guys are interested.

Attachments

Bobbed4x4

Banned
I'm already trying to save money for an M1028, and possibly another non-bobbed deuce (super singled) ... but what I really want is an 800 series 5 tons with the short wheelbase!

Bobbed4x4

Banned
Woot, just got an email from Hundy! :jumpin: It's done. Now I just need to get it home and get some paint on it. The box sure stands out, but I opted for the bed being in better condition rather than the colors being close... figured I'm going to paint it anyways.... now... the only problem with these pictures... it's not ME driving it :cry: It will be me next week though :driver: The winch doesn't have the chain leader on it, but I've found a place in Salt Lake City that's going to make me up one that's much larger chain than the stock stuff.

Attachments