• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Junk yard deuces

redthegreendog

Found 2 deuces at the local junk yard. one is savable the best i can tell. it an early A1 to A2 convert with the giant turbo, not a D turbo. at 15 dollars a hundred be around 1500 dollars each. Is that a good deal for the two.

redthegreendog

They are at a local yard called bobbys junkyard. they are used in good shape but need some work. they look like they came from a construction company. no pix right now, forgot to take them. thinking of getting a lone to buy them. Bobby said he would sell them for weight. If not he will crush them and I cant let that happen. rather see them bobbed than sold to china for scrap. ones is a A1 to A2 convert with a floor starter switch.

redthegreendog

the motors are real nice looking. If I get them I will fix the older one, and take the other one to a local auction house to sell for what I got in it. or sell it on here.

1958 M274

They are at a local yard called bobbys junkyard. they are used in good shape but need some work. they look like they came from a construction company. no pix right now, forgot to take them. thinking of getting a lone to buy them. Bobby said he would sell them for weight. If not he will crush them and I cant let that happen. rather see them bobbed than sold to china for scrap. ones is a A1 to A2 convert with a floor starter switch.
If the older truck still has a functioning foot starter switch, it is likely the original 427 multi-fuel A1 engine. I've never seen an old starter reused on a 465 repower.
Joe

zout

IMHO anyone that teases with this is what I found or I just got this - is this a good deal and does not post pic's immediately should go on a post demerit ratio - no pics - automatically loose - ah 10 post counts.

The more intriging the vehicle - the more you loose post counts without pics posted first.

rofl

the more days you wait to post pics - you loose additional post counts.
[thumbzup]

197thhhc

1500 is going scrap value so you could at least get your money back. HOWEVER I would never get a loan on an old junkyard truck. I probably would not get a loan on a good truck. If you cant pay cash for it, pass on it. [thumbzup]

bigjmcconnell

1500 is going scrap value so you could at least get your money back. HOWEVER I would never get a loan on an old junkyard truck. I probably would not get a loan on a good truck. If you cant pay cash for it, pass on it. [thumbzup]
I'd love to see these trucks saved at least for the parts[thumbzup] But I think this is good advice... I only pick up MV stuff if I have the cash.

oddshot

the motors are real nice looking. If I get them I will fix the older one, and take the other one to a local auction house to sell for what I got in it. or sell it on here.
Or part it out.

Rock crawlers and mudders are still buying them front and rear axles.

Bobbers buy the front springs.

Hard Top on the junker?

Just about everything under the hood can be sold.

And scrap what you can't sell.

You could get one for free ... and maybe even make enough money to pay for a paint job.

I'ts amazing how many meals you can get out of a Thanksgiving Turkey ... right on down to soup from the bones!

oddshot

goldneagle

No one mentioned anything about a TITLE!! $1500 without a title means good luck getting it on the road. Parting out is a way around the title issue.

I can use 2 doors, complete windshield, steering wheel w/ horn, Mirror brackets.