• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just a update

Wyattearp

Well today i started piece by piece disassembling stuff under the hood of the deuce, unfortunatly the rain stopped that for right now. I know its been a long time since i posted anything about working on my 2.5 ton, between 12hr shifts at work and farming that leaves little time for what i really like to do and thats tinker(on the deuce and my mustang) i need a job working on engines i guess [:)] .
Im hoping to get everything disconnected and ready for a transplant here soon, does anyone know about checking out the tranny and what i need to look for as far as worn gears etc? I do know i need a parking brake for sure but that will be after the repower.

when i remove the alternator is laying it to the side the best and get it out of the way? I do know these parts are very heavy and any help or info is greatly appreciated, of course it does help that the neighbor has a 4x4 tractor with front bucket on also [^]

Well looks like the rain has stopped well back to getting greasy :roll:

By the way i did get the radiator support nuts off, there is something about working on a vehicle that has standard nuts and bolts, thank goodness. HOPE EVERYONE HAS A WONDERFUL 4TH OF JULY :jumpin: