• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

just another newby saying hello

canadian guy

got an 11.5 camper on the deuce...gonna have solar panel and a **** loads more later.

the picture from the front was before we had shifted the camper forward another foot and it looks crooked but the frame is also flexing...there`s gonna be tool boxes under the side of the camper later for chain saw and whatever else I need for the bush...Also will paint everything later ect...need longer stairs haha

Attachments

Last edited:

Another Ahab

the picture from the front was before we had shifted the camper forward another foot and it looks crooked but the frame is also flexing...there`s gonna be tool boxes under the side of the camper later for chain saw and whatever else I need for the bush...Also will paint everything later ect...need longer stairs haha
Been eyeballing those same stairs. Other than coming up short:

- you like them (good product)?

- they steady and solid?

canadian guy

Been eyeballing those same stairs. Other than coming up short:

- you like them (good product)?

- they steady and solid?[/QUOTE]

Actually yes I do like them...I had found an extension for them at the metal recycle place in my area but he wanted 25$ for them and I wasn`t sure...I went back the next day to buy them and now he wanted 40$ for them so I got mad and said **** it... I looked them up on ebay and they`re expensive.Next time I come across a deal on them I`ll definitively grab them.
Looks like I ****ed up haha

canadian guy

so I just bought myself an 8ft Alaskan camper for the back of the bobbed after all...The other camper was just too top heavy has I had feared.I haven't gotten to try the camper on the truck quite yet tho...For those who don't know Alaskan camper,they're pretty cool,they raise up and down a few feet to lower center of gravity and save fuel lol

Attachments

Last edited:

rustystud

Welcome to the site ! Vancouver Island, that's just over the hill from here ! We had a cabin on Hornbay Island, sadly had to sell it in 2008. There's a lot of Steel Soldiers here in Washington, you should come down and meet with us some time .

WILDBOY6X6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
HI YUP the winch is from a 5 ton wrecker and I see in video it has gas eng dash (no tack) it was mounted under the dash later,when changed to diesel eng maybe.

whiskey357

Banned
Welcome to the madness from Chicago land ....lots of stuff to do on the rigs...like the 2nd camper ...looks like it should fit no problem....again welcome to the green fun party ...It just never ends hehehehe

canadian guy

Ok so this ended up being a lil sketchy because the bed is wider than the jacks...so we raised it, blocked it,raised it more then had wood across those pallets on other jacks which I don't have a picture.So We ended up being 8 of us to pushed it under the camper because for some reason my oil gasket started pissing as I was backing up and that's another story and the next project because now I broke the screw of the oil filter in the block over tightening:cookoo:....

Actually just updating that I got that screw out no problem,no metal shards went down at least lol

Attachments

Last edited:

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Could that be any better? Do the windows line up enough to pass a granola bar and an apple between the camper to the cab? Lookin' good, I can smell the campfire.

eaw46

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just a hint, if you order parts that are going to be shipped to you use USPS Mail do not use UPS FedEX or any courier service. Mail does not charge any extra fees the others will hit you with big $ brokerage or extra fees when you get it. Sometimes Canada Customs will charge $5.00 for opening the package but thats it. If the parts are bigger find a SS member in Washington you can ship parts too and just go get them and bring them back yourself it will be much cheaper than shipping across the border. Check what parts you can get at Napa some filters and small stuff are quite often available there. Good luck and enjoy your toy. Eddy

canadian guy

Could that be any better? Do the windows line up enough to pass a granola bar and an apple between the camper to the cab? Lookin' good, I can smell the campfire.
yup those windows do lined up.Right now I have the camper sitting on a 3 inch frame We made for it.But if I did lower it the three inches it would be flushed with the tail gate...Eventually I wanna make some tools boxes to put under the side of the camper...

canadian guy

On a different note tho I went mudding the other day and ran out of brake fluids...See I thought my rear wheel was leaking so I thought I needed to put a key hole gasket(Doesn't look like there was one in there either), but when I dove in I realized that the piston that pushes the drum brakes had shifted and that why I was loosing all my break fluid...Thank god it didn't happened in the mountains lol ...The guy who owned the truck before me must have forgotten to put the lil clip behind the brake pad so that it wouldn't fall back..I took a few pictures while doing the project..I gess at some points I'll have to look at the other brakes

Attachments

Last edited:

canadian guy

Check what parts you can get at Napa some filters and small stuff are quite often available there.
Good luck and enjoy your toy. Eddy

You know I was looking on here for the right filters at Napa and I got the 1133 but the gaskets were leaking...Some on here say its not the right gaskets and some say it is...hence me snapping my bolt acting stupid over tightening...hopefully won't be too hard to get that out of engine without dropping dirt or what not in the crank...And thx for the hint by the way

SARTech

Wee bit of a thread necro but I just wanted to say Hi from Edmonton and congrats on the move to the island. I've got friends just outside parksville. Guys I used to serve with back in Search and Rescue. I grew up in Vernon, just north of kelowna, too! Just moved out to edmonton for a job that fell apart unfortunately but hey, life goes on!

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Edmonton

Wee bit of a thread necro but I just wanted to say Hi from Edmonton and congrats on the move to the island. I've got friends just outside parksville. Guys I used to serve with back in Search and Rescue. I grew up in Vernon, just north of kelowna, too! Just moved out to Edmonton for a job that fell apart unfortunately but hey, life goes on!
........welcome to Edmonton and now you're in for a ride. Our local MVPA kids meet at 1200hrs, that's noon, lunchtime and 12 o'clock every Saturday at 149St and 118Ave NW Wendy's. We sit in the corner and can take up to 15 seats.

Most days green iron arrives and our 1 hr meetings often turn into 2 hr chat shows and practice convoys. Summers are busy with parades and static displays in and around Edmonton, almost every weekend. We've had to turn folks down so more is better.

I sent you a PM with a contact number and just saw a sign that the Navy is recruiting so my position may be open very soon. Can you dig and lift heavy things?

I'm headed to Powell River in early June and we're just across the strait from a leaky axle. If that Canadian guy doesn't get it fixed we should sneak over at night and do it while he's sleeping.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks