• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just bought a M35A2C by mistake...

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The engine, assuming it was NOT swapped out, should be a 1987 production engine, manufactured under a contract awarded in 1986, so dont let the 1986 scare you.. Mine is a 1988, and has the same contract date.

Other plusses..

It has the -1D block with a D model turbo.

USAF is SUPER ANAL about maintaince, so every oil change, wheel bearing repacking, and anything else it needed according to the TM was proabbly done.

The split brake system is a HUGE saftey plus

Rustproofing (look for a sticker saying so in the glove box, and under the yellow dataplate on the drivers side of the cargo bed)

It's a dropside.

The USAF swaps out trucks every 18 or so years, so thats probably why this one went to auction.

It has all the sideboards, bows and canvas..

Hardtop that doesnt look bashed in..

Looks to me if you get a passenger seat, 2 headlights, fuel guauge, and the door cover, thats all the missing parts you can see from the picture.

If you do decide to keep the truck, I'll throw in my passenger seat that matches your drivers seat and the door cover. You pay shipping.

JohnnyGTO

My neighbors form a lynch mob when I park the Ford Dually on the street in front of the house. Think a MV might annoy them? I need it :)

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like an Oshkosh plow truck, that is. Very big, very tough, and very expensive to run.

Ethan, keep the deuce. It's a dropside for gosh sakes!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I had the jack, I'd get ya out of trouble too. With little money and effort, that would be a very nice truck.

houdel

You are worried about a $1390 Dropside Deuce? Here in MI, a Deuce with a GL certified SEIZED engine will bring $2500-$3000 easily! I paid $2750 for a non-running GL Deuce without a cargo cover out here two years ago (and prices have gone up a lot since then). The only reason I bid that much was I had a base mechanic check it out for me, it was "non-running" only because one battery had one dead cell and the dog bone was loose. You guys in the East, West and South can buy trucks for the price of scrap iron. Here in the Midwest you'd think they were made out of gold!

jeli

You may not want to keep it but trucks in as bad or worse condition have gone for more on GL. Do the paperwork to process the EUC and by the time you have to take possession it will be taken care of. I'd like a complete cab but it's too far away.

sak00

That sucks, but I agree with everybody else. It doesn't look to bad. And it a dropside. I'd say clean her up and put up for sale and make some money. :driver:

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
I don't think that parting this truck is going to happen. I am going to go get it, and with luck it will in good shape. With even more luck it will have more potential then my current Deuce. I had been interested in a duel brake setup anyways for safety. This was just not what I was planning to buy at all though as I could have really used the CUCV I was planning to upgrade to. Thanks for all the offers, and I will keep them in mind if things change.

On a side note anyone need any M105 sides when I am up that way? I have to pay for the fuel somehow.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
That is an Oshkosh snow plow greatly taken advantage of. The truck looks very good I would take two headlights the licence off my duece a uniform and a credit card fly up there and fire it up and drive it home. O the adventure of getting a truck running. I know the chance exists that it is locked up but if I was not in Korea I would go up and help you get it going. I know Mark(marksgarage) is not far from there maybe he could check it out for you. That is a lot less than I paid for my 1970 duece too so I would pick it up in a NY minute

beetle

What do you do with 8 trucks?!!!! You drive them, show them off, & work on them. Depending on where you live they make good chic magnets & they also make you friends almost every place you go. Some one always wants to look & ask questions. Its a great way to meet people. I have found old truck owners to be the easiest going, most sociable group to be part of. My good city friend tells me thats because we are just a bunch good old red necks that like to lean on the bed of a truck, drink beer & shoot the bull. Could be. For me, I just enjoy owning & working on heavy iron. My 2 cents. Thanks Beetle :) 8) :) 8)