• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just bought my first M35

jake1086

So what can you tell me about it? :) This is my first thread, hope I dont break any rules. Heres a pic

http://i462.photobucket.com/albums/qq343/jake1086/250630_541705856597_510199905_n.jpg

#1 No winch and no PTO as far as I can tell. Are there kits for sale with these available?

#2 I already took the van off with plans for a ice house/camper, has anyone else used these for ice fishing?

#3 I plan on bobbing the truck ... please dont kill me if you're a purist. But I plan on big tires and a m105 trailer I found a kit for the bob on ... easternsurplus I think, does anyone make a lift for larger tires? I'm thinkin the michelins.. XZL's?

#4 But probably the most important question I'm asking, about a mile from home, the truck threw I think two belts (maybe one large one?) the alternator, and the water pump. It over heated so I shut it down and towed it home. Can someone provide a napa belt number or a link to these belts online so I can order 2 or 3 for backups?

Thanks for any help, I loved driving the 20 miles I did before the belt went, slow and steady :) haha Glad to be here and finally own one of my dream vehicles :)

dikwks

Welcome & Congratulations. Read. Learn. Enjoy. Re Q4: There are crossover lists onsite. Run a search, you'll find those numbers and more. Dick.:driver:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard and to the Deuce owners club.

You are not allowed to post links to other sites for your pictures, upload them to SS.

1. You can buy anything for your truck if you have enough money.

2. Your truck so do what you want. As a camper it would have been more useful left on the truck.

3. See answer two. It's still your truck.

4. Learn to use the search function on the site. There is a parts list for the Deuce and 800 series trucks (with some 900s) parts on here with cross referenced part numbers for the belts.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Air Compressor Belt NAPA 25-9510 Oreilly 9510
Alternator Belt NAPA 25-9476 Oreilly 9476 Carquest 9476

FatBuddhaBoo

Great first purchase. It's exactly what I'm looking for my first purchase as well.

BTW, technically you got an M109, not an M35.

As for the fishing box, how do you plan on moving it once made? It's kinda heavy, yes?

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Neil and Daniel have both made trailers out of M109 boxes. They are a bit heavy for ice fishing at 3,000 + pounds, and they probably won't float very long if they do break through the surface.

jake1086

I'll try to keep pictures updated and also try and remember not to use photobucket anymore, I had already read someone else gettin told not to do that I must have had a brain fart.

As for the ice fishing house there are some awefully heavy ones out there (tandam and triple axle ice castles If my memory serves correctly. If I do the Ice house thing I'll make it nice enough to also use as a camper in the summer, so leaving it on the truck is still out of the question.

Thanks for the numbers for the alternator belt Does it also go to the water pump? or is that another belt entirely and I actually threw 2 belts? I'll buy the number you just told me tomorrow and figure it out for myself I suppose haha.

ummm what else... nope thats it Thanks alot for the info.

eagle4g63

There are 3 belts on the multi fuel.......2 of them are the exact same and go around the exact same things (crank, water pump and alternator) the 3rd belt just goes around the crank and the air compressor.

So get one of the smaller ones, and 2 of the larger ones for the truck and as many back ups of both you feel like you need.

jake1086

With a pto kit installed on this truck I could hypothetically change engines (with for sake of argument a 5.9 2wd cummins or dt 360) and still use the PTO to drive the winch yes?

michigandon

If he lives in ND it's probably cold enough there to make ice strong enough to support a shanty made out of an M109 box (Watch "Grumpy Old Men" and check out THOSE ice fishing shantys! ;))

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As for the ice fishing house there are some awefully heavy ones out there (tandam and triple axle ice castles If my memory serves correctly. If I do the Ice house thing I'll make it nice enough to also use as a camper in the summer, so leaving it on the truck is still out of the question.

Thanks for the numbers for the alternator belt Does it also go to the water pump? or is that another belt entirely and I actually threw 2 belts? I'll buy the number you just told me tomorrow and figure it out for myself I suppose haha.
If you can drive a tri-axle out onto the ice then you can still leave the box on the truck and have a "go almost anywhere" camper in the summer.

I should have put that there are two of the alternator belts and one air compressor belt. (Thx eagle4g63)

Even if you drive the truck with just an open frame in back you are going to enjoy it.

:)

jake1086

If you can drive a tri-axle out onto the ice then you can still leave the box on the truck and have a "go almost anywhere" camper in the summer.

:)

You have to set your ice house on the ice... it cant be up on the truck, and I dont think I'd push my luck so far as to drive the duece out on the ice haha that just seems like going to far.

But I agree I will have fun no matter what.