• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just got a Deuce from GL...

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Understood and appreciated... Thanks for all of the advice guys. I'll definitely try to locate a driveshaft, bring extra batteries, air, jack, tools, etc... When it comes time for me to finally pick it up if anyone that has knowledge of the Deuce wants to come out there with me I'll let ya. :D
What the situation on you're EUC? We're in the same event so im trying to gauge when our papers will come back. We might get to load togeather, helping hands. [thumbzup]

Hey Vendetta

I saw your truck, while I was picking mine up from last auction.

Your truck is clean, I didnt take a hard look but I dont really think it was driveable. Most of the trucks needed some kind of work.

I had mine picked up with a lowboy, mine had dead batts, missing guages & misc small parts along with no windshield. No brakes, low tires ect ect ect.

Im not trying to talk you out of trying to drive it out of there but I just cant see the 300+ mile trip. I wish you the best of luck.

I live in Murphy (sub of Dallas) but spend alot of time down south of San Antonio. Pm me if you need & I will help if I can.

Ray
Did you check over items 09 & 10 by chance at Ft. Sam? Should have been right next to his.

Attachments

86m1028

What the situation on you're EUC? We're in the same event so im trying to gauge when our papers will come back. We might get to load togeather, helping hands. [thumbzup]

Did you check over items 09 & 10 by chance at Ft. Sam? Should have been right next to his.
Hey Fuzzy
I read your post about the 1st duce. If I would had know I could have helped you out.
I did look at those also but didnt take any notes or anything I was just waiting on the Larger forklift to load my truck. They all seemed in pretty good shape but I didnt see any drivers (all needed something). My truck (previous sale) was missing some parts, no brakes, had low tires, dead batts, guages were cut out, ect.
Prices were cheap (in my opinion) thats why I bought the 1 I did sight unseen.
I figured I would take my chances & it does have a winch & a hardtop :).
Is this your 1st euc ? My first was about 90 days, now im down to 10-12.
You dont happen to have a complete guage cluster do you ?
What are your plans for the 2 ?

Also did either of you get charged sales tax ? Im still fighting with gl about that .

Last edited:

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Fuzzy
I read your post about the 1st duce. If I would had know I could have helped you out.
I did look at those also but didnt take any notes or anything I was just waiting on the Larger forklift to load my truck. They all seemed in pretty good shape but I didnt see any drivers (all needed something). My truck (previous sale) was missing some parts, no brakes, had low tires, dead batts, guages were cut out, ect.
Prices were cheap (in my opinion) thats why I bought the 1 I did sight unseen.
I figured I would take my chances & it does have a winch & a hardtop :).
Is this your 1st euc ? My first was about 90 days, now im down to 10-12.
You dont happen to have a complete guage cluster do you ?
What are your plans for the 2 ?

Also did either of you get charged sales tax ? Im still fighting with gl about that .
I did the same thing, and bought sight unseen besides pictures. I have a few members with clusters in reserve just in case I won but nothing too fancy. This is my first EUC and should be interesting with 2 trucks and the chit they've already given me. I'm going to sell #2 after I spruce it up a bit. Might sell the hard top if someone wants it.

Whats the situation with the sales tax? I definitely got it. We not suppose to get it? Spill the beans man.. :-?

Vendetta

Vendetta, Were is the truck. Mine came from Ft. Sam and I live about 60 miles northwest in the Hill Country. Keep me posted as to when you will be recovering and I will try to help. Is this your first EUC?
Won in San Antonio auction on the 11th... 1st EUC :cry:

Yes, sounds like we all did... is there a way arounf that? It sure would be nice to put that extra cash into fixing it up instead. [thumbzup]

Submitted EUC around the 15th It would be nice if we could p/u at the same time... I figure the more help the better especially if some of the guys that have knowledge of the Deuce can make it out for assistance if needed... If nothing else it would be nice to meet a few ppl from here in person. [thumbzup]

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Submitted EUC around the 15th It would be nice if we could p/u at the same time... I figure the more help the better especially if some of the guys that have knowledge of the Deuce can make it out for assistance if needed... If nothing else it would be nice to meet a few ppl from here in person. [thumbzup]
This is turning into a nice little experiment I must say. EUC submitted 11/15, revisions 11/17, still waiting on verdict... *crosses fingers*

86m1028

Whats the situation with the sales tax? I definitely got it. We not suppose to get it? Spill the beans man.. :-?

In TEXAS we do not pay sales tax (6.25 on vehicles) until you register it.
I got hit with 8.125% where that came from I have no idea.
I call gl (I was nice but had to be firm) I was told to e-mail them.
I did & havent heard anything back yet.

1st euc, your in for a wait.

stumps

GL will charge sales tax if the state the property is in has a sales tax (unless you have a sales tax license on file with them). If your state doesn't charge sales tax for vehicles, you can apply to your state's sales and use tax division for a refund. The paperwork is generally available on the internet. You will have to include a copy of the receipt.

-Chuck

86m1028

Won in San Antonio auction on the 11th... 1st EUC :cry:

Yes, sounds like we all did... is there a way arounf that? It sure would be nice to put that extra cash into fixing it up instead. [thumbzup]

Let me know, if I can I will meet up with yall.

Im betting your euc doesnt clear until JAN.

86m1028

GL will charge sales tax if the state the property is in has a sales tax (unless you have a sales tax license on file with them). If your state doesn't charge sales tax for vehicles, you can apply to your state's sales and use tax division for a refund. The paperwork is generally available on the internet. You will have to include a copy of the receipt.

-Chuck
I do understand what your saying but in our case it has to do with the location in Texas. They are charging on everything even stuff they shouldnt.

Case in point I just bought trailers at different location & I DIDNT get charged tax (because its a vehicle).

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Let me know, if I can I will meet up with yall.

Im betting your euc doesnt clear until JAN.
I'll be coming down next, tuesday it looks like, to look over my twins. "Ugly" and "Fugly" for now as I dont know the make or year lol. Send me a pm if you'd like to meet up if you can.

Last edited:

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter

-Chuck
Yould you clarify a bit more there stumps. I too got hit with sales tax.

stumps

Ok,

It's all about money, and your state's desire to get as much for itself as possible.

All states have a department set up to go after, and collect, sales taxes paid by its residents to other states. States that don't collect sales and use taxes will just refund those amounts to the resident that applies for the refund. States that do collect sales and use taxes will go after the taxes paid to other states, and apply them to what you owe in use taxes in your state. If you paid more than you owe, you will be issued a refund. If you paid less than you owe, you will be issued a bill. If the amount was equal, they will say, thank you.

To find the department in your state that handles taxes paid to other states, Google is your friend.

Google on the words: <insert your states name here> sales tax refund

You will find a website that has the necessary forms for you to print to collect your refund.

One thing most of you probably don't know, is if your state has a SALES tax, you owe a USE tax on all purchases made outside of your state, where the product is used in your state. That includes purchases made by phone, mail, email, websites, ebay, .... all purchases.

USE tax law is probably one of the most violated laws on the books. Dare I say everyone has violated it?

-Chuck

86m1028

Ok,

It's all about money, and your state's desire to get as much for itself as possible.

All states have a department set up to go after, and collect, sales taxes paid by its residents to other states. States that don't collect sales and use taxes will just refund those amounts to the resident that applies for the refund. States that do collect sales and use taxes will go after the taxes paid to other states, and apply them to what you owe in use taxes in your state. If you paid more than you owe, you will be issued a refund. If you paid less than you owe, you will be issued a bill. If the amount was equal, they will say, thank you.

To find the department in your state that handles taxes paid to other states, Google is your friend.

Google on the words: <insert your states name here> sales tax refund

You will find a website that has the necessary forms for you to print to collect your refund.

One thing most of you probably don't know, is if your state has a SALES tax, you owe a USE tax on all purchases made outside of your state, where the product is used in your state. That includes purchases made by phone, mail, email, websites, ebay, .... all purchases.

USE tax law is probably one of the most violated laws on the books. Dare I say everyone has violated it?

-Chuck
Hey Chuck

In no way am I trying to argue with you but this is strickly a G.L. issue.
At this location they are charging it to everything. We are in Texas & in Texas
we pay at transfer of title. G.L. is not only charging sales tax they are OVER CHARGING us. Have you ever tried to get a refund from the STATE. It wont happen EVER. At the most you will get a credit for the following year on registation & you will have to keep up with the credit for the following year.
My gripe is with G.L. & their lazyness to not fix what they know is an issue.

Ray

ranchhopper

In illinois we pay tax when we get the truck titled they deduct the amount owed from the amount paid if there is an overpayment I will never see a refund from a state that will go after you for a quarter.

ranchhopper

Yes it does they deduct their tax from what you paid in the state you bought the truck but if the state you bought the truck in had a lower tax rate you pay the difference.

stumps

Hey Chuck

In no way am I trying to argue with you but this is strickly a G.L. issue.
At this location they are charging it to everything. We are in Texas & in Texas
we pay at transfer of title. G.L. is not only charging sales tax they are OVER CHARGING us. Have you ever tried to get a refund from the STATE. It wont happen EVER. At the most you will get a credit for the following year on registation & you will have to keep up with the credit for the following year.
My gripe is with G.L. & their lazyness to not fix what they know is an issue.

Ray
Hi Ray,

I was only going into the mechanism for getting a refund because fuzzy asked. I avoid filing for a refund because I am pretty sure that would be giving the state a license to come after me for anything I might have, uhmmm, forgotten to pay. I do know of folks that have done it in Maryland, and the refund came in a fairly timely fashion for a state... 60 days, or so. Farmers file for sales tax, and fuel tax refunds all the time.

Have you tried to get GL to fix their Texas rate? There is no advantage, other than laziness, for them to keep charging too much. If they are collecting too much, they are obliged to give it all to the state they are collecting for. States aren't amused by companies that over collect sales tax as a method of increasing profits... kind of like the mob.

-Chuck

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks