• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just got my first MV

mdemars03

So last week I just picked up my first MV. I managed to get a M52A2 off of Holloman AFB. Needs a little work, but overall it doesn't seem to be in too bad of shape. Only major issue is a blown head gasket but that is already on order and will be replaced soon. I need to give a huge thanks to my brother in law VPed who not only told me about it but helped me get it back to El Paso, TX. My biggest issue at this point is I cant seem to find the year it was made so I can start the process of getting my SF97 to get it registered. The date of delivery on the data plate is hand etched and I'm not too sure how to figure if this is the correct information I need. I have attached a pic of the data plate if anyone can help me figure out the date of manufacture.

M52A2.jpg.20141028_102903.jpg20141028_102852.jpg20141028_103024.jpg20141028_122040.jpg20141028_122132.jpg20141028_183202.jpg20141103_140924.jpg

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad to see that one went to good hands. She had dual springer seats if I recall, someone loved her and wanted to keep her around.

mdemars03

It has a springer driver seat. The passenger side is a solid box with the seat bolted to it. I'm glad it didn't have the bench seat in it. Gives me a few more options for seat replacements. I want to keep the mil spec look but have a bit more comfort for driving.

welldigger

On the drivers side frame rail near the steering box is the vin number. You might have to sand the carc down to find/read it. Then get in touch with a member named carnac. Matter of fact he lives round about el paso.

mdemars03

On the drivers side frame rail near the steering box is the vin number. You might have to sand the carc down to find/read it. Then get in touch with a member named carnac. Matter of fact he lives round about el paso.
I found the serial number on the drivers side frame rail and it matches the serial number on the data plate. I just posted to Carnac's 2014 vin info thread. Hopefully he will be able to help me out.

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Part of the problem is this truck is out of an Air Force base and CARNAC only has data for Army trucks.

mdemars03

Swap the seats out for MRAP seats, put super singles, remove the fifth wheel and put a deuce bed on it, then put a fresh coat of paint. I plan on keeping it tan.

mdemars03

Just found a thread CARNAC had posted on with all the M52 info he had at that time and I happened to find my serial number and reg. Number. Turns out it is a 1965 M52A2. The thread is about 6 years old but hey it was the information I was looking for. Thanks CARNAC!

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
:funny: Standing in the presence of OD iron causes the beginnings of the sickness. The sound of those inline 6 monster diesels causes the hair on the back of your neck to stand straight up. At this point, OD Fever begins to grow. Driving OD iron causes OD Fever to spread like wildfire, only to be placated by the purchase of your own truck. Good luck, mdemars03. You are a very sick man, and there is no cure for your illness. :cookoo: ;-)

mdemars03

No worries VPed! I wanted one for a while. I remember having discussions about finding trucks like yours and now mine before you got your Deuce. Thanks ODFever! I must say if having OD iron is a sickness I will be happily sick the rest of my life!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks