• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just painted my halftracks

roughroad

ok thats awesome your trucks look fantastic and fun

i just realized that i need one (not the autocar too hard to find parts for and i imagine $)

just outa curiosity whats a trail worthy unit run for any one know?

:grd:

68t

Fielddrab, Your halftrack is looking great, hey i like them Autocars. We got the bed on the t17 now, man i like the ww2 mv, they change all ours lives and the world, this is history

waayfast

68T, you sir have made my day!!That A-car is just fantastic!I remember seeing one in the above mentioned "Engines of thRed Red Army.To see one running and restored(and in THAT condition!) is just tooo cool!I agree--WWII is the most interesting for me.
Thanks for the inspiration--just the swift kick in the butt I need to get back on track on my WWII toys!!
Jim

jamesfrom180

Wow never ceases to amaze me how innovative this country got in the 40's. I have always wanted to build a modern interpretation of the half-track. That autocar will be very useful to that long wished upon project. Nice job on the others too.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
years ago I was at the museum at the paso robles airport in CA., thay had a deuce 1/2 track, it was NOT a moded deuce, it was set up for a 6v53, had the kicked up frame right behind the cab, looked like it had the standard trans and t/c, the track running gear looked like WW2 stuff ????, the tracks were metal, not like the ribbon type track, almost like link and pin, looked it was designed for very abrasive operations. If was my guess, Id say it was a former Israeli track

and no I do not have pics

this same museum ended up with my m52

68t

The paint is the gillispe 34087, This is very good paint. Also hold up very good, I thank all for the nice replys. I,ll send some more pictures as we get more completed.