• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just picked up an MEP-803a

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You should run it at full RPM at all times.

Load will only be applied via the output terminals. There is no way to load it internally. Its best to rent/borrow/build a load bank to give it a good workout before you need to use it in true emergency conditions.

rogpike

Hey Guys,

I got it running. It started right up! I am so excited. Thanks so much. Is it possible to run on full load when not connected to an actual load? Also, I read somewhere about some mods needed to be done to this unit for longevity. Something to do with the alternator.

Thanks so much for the help!

Joe
Go to rural king and grab the 7.5kw 240 volt garage heater for around 100 bucks and grab 1 of your electric heaters from the office or in the house. Run the for around 9kw for a couple hours to see how she'll do.

Joe Drifter

Oh I understand. This may be a silly question but where is the throttle on the engine speed? What does the frequency knob do?

Thanks
Joe

Guyfang

Staff member
Joe,

You need to get the operators manual and read it. Very badly. The manuals are in the TM forum, available for downloading.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter

CMPPhil

Great approach for us in the north

Go to rural king and grab the 7.5kw 240 volt garage heater for around 100 bucks and grab 1 of your electric heaters from the office or in the house. Run the for around 9kw for a couple hours to see how she'll do.
You are right on the mark with this approach to load bank, why not have a load bank that can heat your garage or shop. Up here in New England many of our lengthy power outages are in cool or down right cold weather, so electric shop heater good choice for load bank.

Cheers Phil

Joe Drifter

Yeah I have a 240v A/C / Heater unit in my basement. I am going to make a plug for it and load this baby. I have other things I can load it with.

Thanks
Joe