• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just picked up my M1078 so I am starting on this new adventure

cjacksoncpa

On a side note, I need a cargo cover for my LMTV. I would prefer the 3 color camo but the stuff I am finding is really expensive. What is a good source or average price for a cover? I have the metal frame. I am seriously thinking about finding a small boat cover place and getting them to pattern my frame and having several made.

coachgeo

On a side note, I need a cargo cover for my LMTV. I would prefer the 3 color camo but the stuff I am finding is really expensive. What is a good source or average price for a cover? I have the metal frame. I am seriously thinking about finding a small boat cover place and getting them to pattern my frame and having several made.
Another potential source for having them made is stop by a large Big Rig truck shop and see whom they recommend local to you for making Tractor Trailer Cargo covers. The material they use and buy more in bulk of is heavier duty than what a boat shop might have access too.

cjacksoncpa

The process continues

Update on my truck.
I rebuilt my hydraulic pump and got working
Sanded and painted my bows before I put on the new cover I bought.
I am having a turret cover built out of 1/8 inch steel and two bow supports that I was missing.
I purchased LED headlights(still in the box)
Started testing my CTIS five lights flashing from the start. No puffs of air in the manifold. There was no continuity for the pressure sensor or the P83 connector. The connector was missing the metal sleeve for the C pin. I am looking for sources for the two parts
I also put a pressure gauge on the wet tank to look at the pressure and it does build to 125psi but then moves down to around 110 within ten seconds so I must have valve stuck open or bad leak somewhere in the system I guess.

On a side note does anybody know what this wire that is coming into the cab on the passenger side. I have no idea. I added a picture of it and a new one with my cab raised.

One more question: O the annual maintenance packages that I see on the internet. I need to change all the fluids and filters soon and was wondering if anyone has used them? Are they a good deal? How do I get the right one for my truck? My engine is 3116 and my unit number is 003,303.

Attachments

sargentwolf

You need the LMTV service kit. MTV is the 3 axel beast, so save a few pennies and just get the LMTV one. I bought the service kit from fleabay and it had everything I needed for my truck.

Regarding fluids, rural king as low cost ATF that meets spec for the truck. Oil too. If your running red fluid currently in transmission, put ATF in there. Brown, engine oil. Read the thread here on changing to ATF.

Duckworthe

"On a side note does anybody know what this wire that is coming into the cab on the passenger side. I have no idea. I added a picture of it and a new one with my cab raised."

As fro the wire on the passenger side. It could either be an radio wire or the amber strobe light wire. I had the radio rack behind the passenger seat and the wire was running down from the dash to the rack. now I only have the wire that goes to the amber strobe light cannon plug in the center rear of the cab. Yours looks like a radio power lead. Good luck and enjoy the truck.
Eric

cjacksoncpa

Quick update on my truck. I picked up my turrent cover , two bows, and 4 H bracket that I had made. Couple of coats of paint and now I am trying to make a gasket for the turret cover by using flex seal. So I made a channel for the liquid to fill and setup. In a couple of days I will know if it works. Getting this installed will be all I have time till May. Then I will have time to change all the fluids and filters, install the lights, and chase down the issues with the CTIS system. I also got my license plate so I'm legal to drive it around.:cool:20170127_173031.jpg20170127_172936.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks