• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just Purchased my first MEP803A!

Mweiss

I did a few tests today:

Placed a voltmeter across the battery meter terminals and started the generator. It read -5mV then ramped down to -3mV.

Then I did the removal of FU1. With it removed, the needle moved less than 1mm into the red, about a needle thickness. With the fuse installed, it moved maybe 2mm into the green. Certainly a lot less movement than I've seen on other videos.

I assume that if the alternator weren't charging, the generator would shut down when the battery is disconnected for lack of energy to the fuel solenoid, am I correct?

rickf

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you put a voltmeter across the battery terminals while it is running? That is a very simple way to find out if it is charging. You are WAY overthinking this!!!!!

Mweiss

A few days earlier I did put a meter across the alternator terminals as instructed, and read 26.5 volts with engine running.
I just want to be sure the unit is 100% working the way intended.

Does anyone know how many millivolts it takes to deflect the meter full scale?

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well when you took the fuse out, the gauge did read into discharge territory... And when put back in, it did move into the green (and then settled back to a neutral state). With the voltage reading, I think its all working right. Remember you got two brand new batteries in that machine.

Best thing you can do is hit the TM Guy mentioned and test accordingly.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks