• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

K&N Air filter setup

hirollin87

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can someone help me find the post where someone has a K&N plumbed under the hood of an A2 truck? I saw it somewhere on here but can not seem to find it anymore. Thanks

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
AFE sells dry reusable high flow filters that are much better at stopping dirt than the oiled K&Ns.

Ddmk18

Yes because I added a 25 gallon hydraulic tank where the original filter was and plumbed it around the tank to retain the original air stack. image.jpg

Ddmk18

Ok the filter I used was K&N 38-2006S. It has 6 inch inlet I used a 5 to 6 inch coupler then it has a 5 inch outlet which I ran 5 inch the whole way into the turbo. As far as air restriction goes I never hooked up the original gauge again. I know it had to be better because I had her turned up pretty good and the egts where lower with that filter setup than with the factory filter. More air in = lower egts.

Last edited: