• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Kaiser vs AM General

10mm fan

The time for me to make a purchase is getting close. I am currently looking at an AM model. Any pros / cons for the different manufacturers, or are they exactly the same?
thanks,

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The only difference will be that Kaisers will be older than AM Generals :wink:.

pittdog

well man i can tell you ... don't matter who made it they all had to follow gov specks !!!! .... Ret 52-d .... 63-b... and a few others !

orren

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The time for me to make a purchase is getting close. I am currently looking at an AM model. Any pros / cons for the different manufacturers, or are they exactly the same?
thanks,
Hi 10mm,

I have a reconditioned 1960 Kaiser/Jeep M36A2C w/winch and many extras.

If interested please send questions when ready. It will take $14,000 to buy it.

Attachments

wiggall

We have a 1968 Kaiser=Jeep M35A2 W/W AKA BEAUTIFUL BEAST:-D The thing that I like about it:!: I tell everybody that it is MY WIFE'S JEEP PICKUP:!: If it was made by anyone else I could not say that:-D

ChrisW72971

We have a 1968 Kaiser=Jeep M35A2 W/W AKA BEAUTIFUL BEAST:-D The thing that I like about it:!: I tell everybody that it is MY WIFE'S JEEP PICKUP:!: If it was made by anyone else I could not say that:-D
I am trying to convince my fiance to let me get one. It will probably nee4d the jeep name and heres why.....
She loves Jeeps and Hummers. I got a Hummer H3 but I was trying to get the Deuce as a work truck. She was like " but cant we just trade the H3 in and get an H1?".
They are just too expensive all around and I could do less for work with them. The Deuce is multifuel diesel also and thats a bonus.
SO I am gonna tell her "cmon this is THE H1 of Jeeps " :razz:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
3 of my 4 deuces are Studebakers. Makes for interesting conversation. (Well, 2 of 4. The 4th one hasn't been determined but its a Stude or Reo.)

54reo

REO, Studebaker, Curtiss-Wright, Kaiser-Jeep, AMGeneral,...

All the same from a parts interchangeability stand-point.

Big CASE

I like the Kiaser Jeep. and i do the same thing I tell every one that I drive a old JEEP ..
and Jeep club's love it .. MFJC is who I am with for a Jeep club

Lex_Ordo

If I remember reading this correctly, in 1970 Kaiser-Jeep was sold to AMC,(American Motors Corp) which became Jeep and then morphed into AM General(American Motors General).

So really the difference lies in what type of dataplate you want on your truck, because without the dataplate, there is no way to tell the two apart.

Good luck with the purchase, and the H3 is a better daily driver. I have one too.
Explain to the GF/Fiance, that the H1 was cancelled in 2006, so if you want a used one for 80K, then by all means, but I would get the Duece since it is the Grandfather of the H1.

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
You can name it what ever you want when you apply for the SF 97. They do not know or care. They just wnat the 60 bucks. I like calling mine Kaiser jeeps, since it makes the insurance issues and the MVA issues easier to splain. Yes and I said splain!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks