• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Kassim503's new [used] M1008

kassim503

:beer: Shes coming along nicely!
Put in new speakers for the new am/fm radio. But I had to go through two death wobbles today, its amazing how the person behind you backs off as you fly to the shoulder while your truck is doing the shakey shakey.

The overheat light is still on 24/7, but the aftermarket gauge verfies its all ok, and the glow plugs still cycle normally so it might have to be one of the "stay on until bulb burns out" type of fixes.

Seem to be getting about 10-12 mpg out of it, but there is a whole lotta 55 mph highway driving mixed in with it

You wanna also know whats bad? Ive been daily driving this puppy every day since its been registered, the OD disease is back! fat lady sings

USAWEAPON777

Nice! Death wobble sucks. I still have it on my truck after replacing the king pin bushings and the steering stabilizer.... At the last rally i realized my front right tire was bald. Im guessing my tie rod ends are destroyed. Good luck with the wobble and welcome back to ur OD addiction!

kassim503

So while using a screwdriver to jump the gp relay for the past few weeks, I noticed the wire that gives the GP power had the ballast removed, but the wire was routed to a switched 12v source on the fuse panel. Now thats not right, so I crimped up a section of 6 gauge wire and put it onto the #1 positive terminal. (actually the #2 neg terminal, same thing).

6 feet of wire and crimp connectors- $10
Fifteen minutes of my time- $0 (still worth nothing)
Preventing more CUCV electrical problems- Priceless!

Like my cupholders?

Attachments