• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Katrina Deuce Story - MUST READ

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Speaking of flying, haven't seen Sarge since last night. Around 11pm, he decided to give me a "UFO moment" with a well-lighted drone. Turns out a large cedar tree resented the drone's presence and swatted it from the skies. We found most of the parts.
So now Sarge has a new project - drone rebuilding.

Cheers
Do I need to come up and give him flying lessons?

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This thread has again lay dormant for about 3-1/2 months.

I have just re-read Sarge's story in its entirety.

It is time to BUMP it.

We are in tornado season all along Tornado Alley. Hurricane Season isn't far away.

May we always be aware that God does not call the equipped, He equips the called. You may be one who, like Sarge, was called to own an extraordinarily capable MV. You have been called... and HE has equipped you for such a time as this. Now GO and make your Heavenly Daddy so well pleased that one day you may hear from Him, "Well done, good and faithful servant."

May everything we put out hands to be good and pleasing to our Creator.

Carry on.

Rmtaunton

It is time to BUMP it.

We are in tornado season all along Tornado Alley. Hurricane Season isn't far away.

May we always be aware that God does not call the equipped, He equips the called. You may be one who, like Sarge, was called to own an extraordinarily capable MV. You have been called... and HE has equipped you for such a time as this. Now GO and make your Heavenly Daddy so well pleased that one day you may hear from Him, "Well done, good and faithful servant."

Carry on.
I talk about this story all the time

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter

It is time to BUMP it.

Carry on.
It's one of the reasons I have the MKT system setup as a First Responder Feeding System, and have undergone training in Disaster Response, First Aid, and became an accredited SaniServe Manager.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
With hurricane season approaching and all the new members on the site it is time to bump this thread.

Just had a tornado pass thru Oklahoma City. No major damage.

Shark Bait

Wow! It brings back memories of myself moving down to Coral Gables, Florida two days after Andrew hit to help with the cleanup. I work for family who were FEMA contractors that removed and burned trees, 24-7. What was shown on the news was nothing compared to what we seen. This man is a Saint!

Dave

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
INCOMING!!! Hurricane Harvey - 2017-08-25 Landfall: Texas

As HURRICANE HARVEY bears down upon the Texas Gulf Coast it's wise for us to bring this thread to the top again.

If you have never read the story linked in POST #1 of this thread, I strongly encourage you to do so.

You may be called to use your MV as a godsend for someone in a desperate situation.

May God's protection, mercy and grace cover all in the path of this storm.
In Jesus' name we pray.
AMEN.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Harvey is going to hurt the Texas coast, and quite a ways inland! Landfall is expected sometime overnight tonight. Corpus is predicted to have a storm surge of 6-12 feet.

I'm about 160 miles from the coast, so all we are expecting is somewhere between 10" and 22" of rain and some high (60+mph) winds for the next couple of days, so flooding in the area. My trucks are fueled up if needed.

Prayers for all of those in her path, this storm will undoubtedly take life, and cause immense damage.

Cheers

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The citizens of Louisiana wish all the best to our fellow Texans who helped us during K.

I remember being at a Sam's in Houston and a couple overheard us that we were from New Orleans while shopping and insisted very strongly that they were taking our family of 5 to eat dinner at major chain sit down restaurant right next to Sam's. Angels as they had no clue all our funds were unavailable as banks and communications were down. Our employers could not deposit our paychecks electronically. We were literally down to $'s from 10 days on the road.

God Bless our Texan friends!

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Like Rory I'm fueled and ready. We're a bit south of him and they're talking 24"+ in San Antonio (which floods with 2" of rain). Sustained winds in our area expected at 60 mph and above. Luckily I had a tornado come through in May and take out several trees. With luck they were the ones destined to go and I'll be spared this time around.

The fact that they're predicting it'll still be a hurricane when it's almost to Bexar county is a bit daunting. Fellow member TexAndy lives in Beeville which is directly in the path. He's out of the state at the moment but his parents are still there. I tried to get them to shelter at my place but said they're riding it out. Prayers for them and anyone else staying where they really shouldn't.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Today is the last day of May.
Officially, we can call this HURRICANE SEASON EVE since they designate June 1st as the first day of Hurricane Season.

With this in mind, it's a good time to refresh this thread for those who may have never seen nor read it.

We pray blessings and protection over all in the potential paths of this year's tropical depressions, tropical storms and full-blown hurricanes.
Blessings on all who respond to the needs of those impacted by these weather systems.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks