• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Kent-Moore V-belt tensioner J-7316

NormB

Happened to come across one of these - came in a „box o‘ tools“ I bought a few years ago, never needed it until recently when I changed out my generator, PS pump, belts, etc.

Using one of the little „klickit“ devices is awkward, hard to read, so I remembered this gadget and pulled it outta the box:
1D75F120-6EAA-47B4-A342-7AA7431DC578.jpg

basically reads zero. No reading at all.

So before I start disassembling and figuring out if this CAN be recalibrated, or just turn it into a relic paperweight, I thought I‘d run it by the usual suspects and see if anyone has a manual or other direct experience with it.

BTW: tried multiple ways to FIND „Kent-Moore Organization“ and it all leads back to SPX or a reseller (whose 800 number is dead).

Yeah, I could just buy a new tool, like the J-23600-B, but hey, I‘m driving a 25 year old FMV for a hobby, I like old stuff.

Thanks.

Last edited:

NormB

Got it.

Well, not really, but close.

Phone number for Kent-Moore (aka „Automotive Service Solutions... Kent-Moore“ aka „Bosch Tools“ as identified when I connected to a person) is 1.800.345.2233

Turns out the part J-7316 IS in their computer, for „Heavy Duty Truck“ use, but it was superceded by J07316-A some years ago, then was labeled as obsolete with NO part number superceding THAT.

Hmm...

Closest I can find to the actual part NOW is J-23600-B from the TMs and elsewhere.

When I spoke with Bob (the rep/tech question guy) he told me how they used to calibrate these gauges.

Hang a 100 lb weight (or 50, or whatever the scale calls for) from a belt (fan, serpentine, whatever), snap the gauge on and adjust it to read the weight hanging from the belt.

Seems pretty straight-forward.

I‘ve got at least one spare belt I can hang weights from and try this once I figure out how to disassemble the unit and move the button/adjust the dial.

FWIW.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Got tired of looking at mine and since nobody bought it, I took it over to the thrift shop last weekend. Oh well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks