• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

kid from MO needing some info

m.walker

I live here too MO4xer and they are around quite a bit , start watching the auctions and get familiar with them so in a few months you can own one ! Or if you can't wait , buy one privately . Welcome to the dreaded OD disease !!! My son just finished basic at Fort Jackson , now hes in AIT . Your almost the same age ( he turns 18 this month ) . Mark

Last edited:

Croatan_Kid

Well....let me re-phrase that.

At 17, I asked my dad if he would let me use his credit card to get the truck and if I could pay him back over time. I've had the same job for the last two years and got the truck from the same base I work on :grin:

Oh, mine also doubles as a DD in the event my other truck is down for mantainence. Just yesterday I put about 100 miles on it in an afternoon.

motormayhem

I just got my first truck (m1009) and I am 17. So far I haven't had much trouble with it (just a problem with my t-case from a short drive shaft the previous owner didn't lengthen when he lifted the truck. I have been able to do all the repairs my self and have loved every minute of the truck. Although I have been working on/building Model A's since I was 12. Got mine off craigslist. Also search for military blazer and diesel blazer, as most of the ones in my area are never listed as m1009's.

Last edited:

MO4xer

Uh, per post #7, YOU can't, your daddy can. BIG difference.

ok how about you read some of my posts in this thread and then you will read that I'm planning to do this when I'm 18 so I can have my name only on the title and something I didn't post is I'm going to have the titles of two of the three I already have placed soley in my name with the exception of the one truck that isn't paid off yet

if you are going to crap all over my thread please don't post in it

dmc-4359

ok how about you read some of my posts in this thread and then you will read that I'm planning to do this when I'm 18 so I can have my name only on the title and something I didn't post is I'm going to have the titles of two of the three I already have placed soley in my name with the exception of the one truck that isn't paid off yet

if you are going to crap all over my thread please don't post in it
I think JJ was just making a reference to the fact that you're only able to have three vehicles because of your parent's assistance. A lot of times you'll run into older people who not only have no appreciation for such 'help' but they even view it as cause to poke fun at an individual. Almost always it is not intended as anything more than a lighthearted jab of sarcasm that is meant to help you realize that you might be stretching yourself beyond your resources.

The reason for that is simply that good people (even the bitter ones) still want to help their fellow man (that's you) and part of a good life is the directive to not to bite off more than you can chew and simply be patient until you're ready for something. You can reference our nation's current debt crisis if you would like to see where poor decisions in this regard can lead you.

I myself am just a curmudgeon in training so I have no useful life experience to offer you aside from not laying a wrench across battery terminals. As an aside, having no periods to separate the sentences makes it hard to follow a post. Grammar details and such, even on an informal chat forum, do illustrate a certain amount of respect for those who are reading your posts.

Somemedic

Kids these days... you try to raise them up right... that damn "yeah, yeah, yeah" music they listen to and MTV...

Young squire, the army balzers and pick ups are decent trucks. While some may try to poo poo on your attempt to owning one I'd say go for it. If the old man will spring for the price thats cool too as he may even get bitten by the OD bug as well. I will say nothing is as rewarding as having the ability to purchase your vehicle with your own money. Repairing it yourself is right up there though, not farming it out to the local mechanic. But in all reality I would get rid of some of the other trucks you or your dad already own. Until you get the CUCV reliable you will be buying parts and doing alot of shake downs and probably wont have the revenue to do anything with the other vehicles. Plus it will help off set the cost.
This truck aint for an older guy. Its noisey, barely comfortable, hot in the summer and cold in the winter. You will change that to suit your needs as all of us CUCV owners have. A younger driver probably wont mind sliding underneath the truck to change the starter, again, say, like someone with more sensible driving habits may not wish to be doing. Ofcourse why would any older, more sensible driver want an MV anyway? ;-) My guess would be the cool, only kid on the block, chicks dig it (most dont), mentality we all seem to share. So knock yourself out