• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Kipman's WMO pump works great!!

TACTICAL6

Picked up a hydraulic pump from Kipman a few weeks back. I finally got around to getting my WMO pump/filter rig put together. It still needs the oil water separator installed, but this thing works really great. I think Kipman has a pile of those pumps if anybody is going to put together a WMO rig give him a shout. A few pics for your enjoyment.

Attachments

hdexpert

Nice setup!! Do you plan on using an electric motor instead of the drill? I would think the drill would burn up pretty quick. I'll have to get a pump from my bro next time I see him.

TACTICAL6

Actually, I had a 1/3 hp motor out of a heater blower and it was over heating. So, in a pinch I hooked up the old DeWalt 1/2inch drill and it doesnt even get warm. It will work for now until I can find maybe a 1/2 hp motor.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Special Ed, I mean Speddmon looked up the info. I think he found it as set at 7gpm. The pumps were setup as power steering pumps which is why its set low. I think you can change it to a higher gpm. We'll have to wait for Ed to chime in.

TACTICAL6

Not sure cost on the pumps, you will have to ask kipman. But the hardware was all bought at Homedepot and I got the filter elements at tractor supply. They are 10 Micron. I also plumbed in a bypass for the contaminated crap that comes out of the bottom of the barrel, and if you just want to use it as a transfer pump.

hdexpert

Actually, I had a 1/3 hp motor out of a heater blower and it was over heating. So, in a pinch I hooked up the old DeWalt 1/2inch drill and it doesnt even get warm. It will work for now until I can find maybe a 1/2 hp motor.
Go to the Harbor Freight website and click on closeouts. They have a 1/2 hp 115v motor for $15!!!

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Special Ed, I mean Speddmon looked up the info. I think he found it as set at 7gpm. The pumps were setup as power steering pumps which is why its set low. I think you can change it to a higher gpm. We'll have to wait for Ed to chime in.
Gimp is right, they are set at about 7 GMP since they are a power steering pump. But IIRC since I don't have the factory info in front of me, the displacement and RPMs will actually put out about 16 GPM if you bypass the valving in the back of the pump.

I have the factory specs at home, but I'm not. When I get home I'll post it up. I think it was 2600 PSI max and 3600 RPM max...I THINK!!!

TexAndy

Another option for a cheap, but powerful motor would be to buy an old used treadmill and gear it down to get your torque/speed requirement right.

surpluscenter.com also has alot of good, inexpensive motors.

digitaldust

i hate the clear water pump ! does not prim and burns out fast ! the small 12v puimp dies fast too
manards sells a transfer pump for 80 - 110 bucks its nice and does 55gl in 7 min
very easy to fix there made by Wayne pumps great service too ,, I'm getting a washing machine this week hmm pump ,motor. kinda make me smile

ARYankee

Cool. Thanks for sharing. I got one of those 12V pumps and it is a pain to prime. I like that setup. I need to do a more permanent setup at the house. I may use the 12V as a portable.

kipman

I have about 10 of the pumps left, plus 800 15 micron filters that fit a standard water filter housing found at lowes, the filters are 1.00 each, thanks.

RAYZER

I like the gravity feed meathod,I can filter down 5 gal in about an hr. Through two 5 Micron string wound filters. I can fill a 55gal drum in no time.I change out the filters every 55gal at the cost of $6.00.[thumbzup]