• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Knoxville TN, Broke down TN i-40 eastbound near Knoxville

bigugh20

We're still chugging along. Just passed Asheville, NC going about 50 to 55 mph and stopping every 60 miles to let tbe tires cool down. They are doing fine so far. Adams dodge has averaged almost 15mpg through the mountains! We are going to stop one more time and then we'll have about 50 miles left to AMGeneral's house.

rickf

Between 68-69 and again between 72-73 just seems like something missing from the conversation. I never saw any mention of damage.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last time I checked you had to go through South Carolina from Tenn. to get too North Carolina. I am REALLY confused.:-?:-?:-?
After the Civil War, I think the borders changed. Look at the map again! Remember the thread title, I40. It goes through TN. into NC.

usa map - Google Maps

rickf

OK, I am embarrassed! And tired, and I have a migraine. But I guarantee I am nowhere near as tired a Adam. About now he should be making a zombie look feisty!

Rick

phil2968

Rick, it may have been in chat the other night when Adam mentioned the bed had been removed from the trailer and it had been damaged. He was on the phone with them at the time. Come to find out it was unloaded but not damaged much.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't be too embarrassed, I had to look at the map too!:oops:

onegmjack

I don't understand why they grabed and moved Adam trailer???When they let junk set for weeks along side the road.Adam hope you made it home safe.Sound like this has been a major headace for you.

rickf

I don't understand why they grabed and moved Adam trailer???When they let junk set for weeks along side the road.Adam hope you made it home safe.Sound like this has been a major headace for you.
Because he had the courtesy to call them and explain why it was there. They knew right away that this was a freebie for them and guaranteed he was coming back for it. The junkers they are stuck with and make no money on because people never come back for them.

goldneagle

I bet its all $$$$$. Junk never gets claimed so no $$. They knew the trailer would be claimed so they wanted to get the most $$$ for towing and storage. fat lady sings

ADDED: He beat me to it fat lady singsfat lady singsfat lady singsfat lady singsfat lady sings

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

rickf

No, I don't do chat much. You guys type way too fast for these arthritic old fingers to keep up. By the time I answer something the conversation has moved on to another subject!:D

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rick, when you said you thought it was cut out of this thread I realized I had seen it to but it was there. So I went looking for both of us......

;-)

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I told Adam I thought the bed weighed around 10K. This is based on the fact that I picked it up (barely, as Adam and Brandon can attest) with a lift rated for 14,000lb at 24" out. The bed center of gravity would be about 48" out on the forks so I wouldn't think it would lift much more than 10K that far out on the forks.

Adam, out of curiosity, what was the final weight of the bed?

Edit- You said 25k total. Your Dodge is similar to mine and mine weights 6,500. Trailer will be around 4K. That puts the weight of the bed at 14,500. I never would have thought it weighed that much.

Last edited:

Xed

If you ever break down near manchester look up a place called bumper to bumper, they stock semi tires and larger offroad tires.

Wish I had had the ability to help out(I live in tullahoma, about an hour from where you were)

But glad you got it all sorted :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks