• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Knuckle Boots

BT3583

Now on to the rears! So I’ve taken one of the rear hubs off so far and boy was it time! It’s been a long time since anyone has looked in there. No cork gasket or gear oil resistant RTV in the spindle key way. Will be doing the full service on all four rears and while I’m in there replace all the wheel cylinders. This is my therapy It totally relaxes me when I’m able to just take my time, learn and go through everything!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Now on to the rears! So I’ve taken one of the rear hubs off so far and boy was it time! It’s been a long time since anyone has looked in there. No cork gasket or gear oil resistant RTV in the spindle key way. Will be doing the full service on all four rears and while I’m in there replace all the wheel cylinders. This is my therapy It totally relaxes me when I’m able to just take my time, learn and go through everything!

If no sealer sealent found in keyway and the brakes are that clean it could mean there is no oil in the axle?

Attachments

BT3583

If no sealer sealent found in keyway and the brakes are that clean it could mean there is no oil in the axle?
Wow looking at those pics I’m surprised at how clean mine is in there. All of the wheel bearing grease in the hub has pretty much been washed out by axle grease. Surprisingly the axel grease never made it past the inner wheel bearing, but luckily everything still looks good in there. I did change all of the fluids when I first got the truck, grease came out and new grease went into the diffs.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Wow looking at those pics I’m surprised at how clean mine is in there. All of the wheel bearing grease in the hub has pretty much been washed out by axle grease. Surprisingly the axel grease never made it past the inner wheel bearing, but luckily everything still looks good in there. I did change all of the fluids when I first got the truck, grease came out and new grease went into the diffs.

axle grease? what did you fill the axles with?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks