• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Kraz 255b

vtunimog

Looks like a bridge carrier/layer. Tatra 813 has nearly the same variant. Kraz is a real beast. Huge truck. I can tell you shipping alone can run nearly 7-8k from Europe to the east coast (depending upon Inland points). There are maybe 5-10 in the USA

warewolf

If I were you, I would replace both filters with something more modern, because they both get stuck really easily. Especially the first one, which is made from paper. There is always rust or sludge in tanks of vehicles which stood not used for few years. Anything from a bus or a fairly modern truck should be fine. I have a MTLB-U with a turbo 330hp version of this engine and will replace both filters soon.
It's PMP pontoon bridge carrier:

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
WW, do yoy have the fold out bridge unit to go with the truck, if so that would be so cool

warewolf

I would have to make few phone calls tomorrow. I think, that I saw them few years ago in one of Polish Army bases. Probably I will be able to source a set or two.

Wolf.Dose

To come back to the oil question: A 15W40 mineral oil will be fine. Otherwise in Winter you should use a 10W oil, if temperatures are blow 0 centigrade, in summer a 30W oil will do it as well. Or as mentioned, for all seasons in Greece a 15W40 oil is fine. The cheepest you can by will do it, like in a super market, 5 l about 10 Euro. At least that is the price in Germany. Or try to by the oil at an oil whole sale in a barrel of 60 l, which will cover your need at keast for a year.
Wolf

T815-8x8

Only oils to use either Chevron Delo 400 15w/40 or Shell Rotella 15w/40 only oils designed and tested for 1million miles Caterpillar Cummins etc anything else is just comprise i.e short engine life, cold weather just follow factory dilution chart, just do google search you will see all the evidence to back it up.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you get to work on it at all? Any improvements to the truck or headway finding parts?

Jim Hunter

Yes it is a runner...
We have done the very basics to it :
Clean air filter
Drain and clean fuel tanks
Add coolant as required
Check oil level
Engine work nice w/o any noise and all gears are working too.Same goes for the brakes.

Jim

As for spare parts I was unable to find ANY here...

duncan

What should be so special about the batteries? find out if its a 12v or 24v system (check the lightbulbs or something) and put some batteries either in series or parralel (or both is you use small ones). Maybe measure the battery tray and look for some bulky ones that fit properly.

USSR

I am still trying to find out the factory specifiactions for the batteries but with no luck...
USSR : could you please help ?

Thanks,
Jim
Standard battery for many vehicles in USSR.
Battery 6ST-182EM (2 pcs.) (Аккумулятор 6СТ-182ЭМ (2 шт.))

Attachments

USSR

Designation of Battery 6ST-182EM

The nominal capacity of 182 Ah

Rated voltage: 12 V

The discharge current (DIN) 546: A

Weight with electrolyte: 56.0 kg

Weight with electrolyte: 66.7 kg

Dimensions: 522 x 282 x 243mm

Features of performance: Monoblock - Ebony, mesh cap - ebonite, cork

Manufacturer: Baltelekto, St. Petersburg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks