• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

KY recovery question (temp tags?)

Hay Man

Ouch. We're thinking about getting some chickens but otherwise not really a farm. Historic plates are sounding better and better.
If you don't farm any, I think the historic tags are the way to go. But, if you do become a chicken farmer, you could haul them around in the back of your "little deuce coop."

I apologize for the horrible pun. :oops:

Strykerboy

well i gota tow bar and live next to ft.knox and have to go out that way to oldham co. at least once a week or so call me if y'all want to 270-307-6445 ask for marc about tow bar ect.. so i remember lol...

JCKnife

Well, the adventure continues...:evil:

I took the truck, title, proof of insurance to the county clerk today. Upon inspection she noticed that the title has 3 additional digits that are not part of the serial # and do not appear anywhere on the truck. Oy.

I looked back and what happened was, when I got info from Carnac on the VIN info thread I just copied and pasted that info to GL titling when I sent in my SF-97 request. It's not Carnac's fault--I should have double-checked the info myself before forwarding it on to them.

So anyway the county clerk sent me up to the Sherrif's office and they called Frankfort and it looked for a minute like they might make an exception, but no. She said I need to send this title back and get it corrected. Oh well. Many more weeks of waiting. And I'll miss the ARFCOM shoot at Knob Creek (well, I won't but the deuce will).

Good news is, it seems she likes being driven. Found out the fuel gauge is accurate when I topped her off, plus the tachometer which had been jumping around has now smoothed out entirely. So at least there's a silver lining...

Still...:evil::evil::evil:

deathrowdave

I borrowed one from a friend at a car dealer. If you can not locate one I think you have 14 days to title or not drive it !! HAve a great and safe day, Dave