• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lavinia Trucks! WooHoo!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Andy Bell in Trezevant TN was kind enough to go to Lavinia to check out my 2 deuces. He also voluteered to help get them out to the road so that a wrecker (at the tune of $500) could move them. Not only that, he volunteered to store them at his place until I can getup to drive them back. Today was the day and I had made plans for a wrecker to pick them up at lunch time. Andy called me an hour ago and I could barely hear him for the noise. I was hoping for good news like he was able to get one going and use it to drag the other one out of the mud and too the street. Much to my amazement, he not only got one running but had both running and was driving them back to his house wtih the help from his freind Joe who is ret Nat'l Guard. I'm so elated I can barely speak. Andy says when he can, he'll send pics! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
That's great news, Kenny. If I can help, let me know…. :beer:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I owe Andy big time for all that he has done. For those who don't know him, he goes by M108 on the site (yep another M108 owner). I plan on doing right by him when we go fetch the trucks. I can't wait to see pics of them. Until then here are a couple of GL shots.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thats the only pic I have of it. Reminds me of an LDS427 gated turbo. We'll soon see what it is.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
That Switzer Turbo does look strange on that I bet it was an AMSA shop that planted that on there. There is a monster HMMWV running around Maryland that is mounted on a 5 ton chassis.

Nice looking trucks and the empty spot of the M275 will not remain oil free for long.

Are those redneck artic kits that you have there now those are a real find...lol

Keep the pictures coming of the recovery

Whoooo Hoooooo

AMGeneral

It does resemble the turbo used on the ENDT,but I don't believe that turbo would fit in the space occupied by a LDT turbo on a deuce.When I get out and about in a while I'll take a couple pics of both turbos used on the ENDT and post them here for comparison.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Holy crap! Kenny i've been looking for one of those turbos! U intrested in letting it go? I'll supply you with a rebuilt C or D to go in it's spot.

JeepMan

That must be one big Field Artillery outfit to have at least 75 trucks!! (See #'s on bumper).
They probably humped alot of ammo. I see thier dropsides. Pity the soldiers unloading them by hand in the field.
In Germany they used GOERS.