• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ld 465 1c

2deuce

Hello I just bought this old engine in the wood crate (partial rotted) with the numbers in the title. There is no turbo on it now and I don't think it was removed although the heater was removed. I'm curious if this engine is exactly the same as a LDT only without the turbo or is the compression ratio higher being there was no turbo. It has an engine tag that is totally faded and I don't see any ratings. Thanks

2deuce

So the internals and pump are the same as a LDT or LDS? Was the LDS built before the LD? If not could a LD be built for a 5 ton? If pump timing is unique to the LD because the engine ran without a turbo, adding a turbo to it should not be done?

Thanks

welldigger

The LD and ldt are basically the same engine. The LDS is the 5 ton engine. It is very similar to the ldt but not exactly the same. I can't name all of the differences tho.

eagle4g63

I can assure you that a LD CAN be run with a turbo installed and the fuel pump NOT retimed........My old truck had an LD in it with a turbo and the Injection pump was still timed to the LD settings........Now it also didn't have the same power as a LDT but it ran just fine.

wb1895

My deuce had the LD-465-1c motor in it, until I added the turbo kit to it. I did a lot of research and found that it the only real difference between the LD and LDT motor is the addition of a turbo. The rest of the motor is the same. When I added the turbo kit I did not re-time the motor, I just bolted the kit on and let it ride. I noticed a HUGE reduction in smoke, and a small increase in power.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks