• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ld 465 1c

2deuce

Hello I just bought this old engine in the wood crate (partial rotted) with the numbers in the title. There is no turbo on it now and I don't think it was removed although the heater was removed. I'm curious if this engine is exactly the same as a LDT only without the turbo or is the compression ratio higher being there was no turbo. It has an engine tag that is totally faded and I don't see any ratings. Thanks

2deuce

So the internals and pump are the same as a LDT or LDS? Was the LDS built before the LD? If not could a LD be built for a 5 ton? If pump timing is unique to the LD because the engine ran without a turbo, adding a turbo to it should not be done?

Thanks

welldigger

The LD and ldt are basically the same engine. The LDS is the 5 ton engine. It is very similar to the ldt but not exactly the same. I can't name all of the differences tho.

eagle4g63

I can assure you that a LD CAN be run with a turbo installed and the fuel pump NOT retimed........My old truck had an LD in it with a turbo and the Injection pump was still timed to the LD settings........Now it also didn't have the same power as a LDT but it ran just fine.

wb1895

My deuce had the LD-465-1c motor in it, until I added the turbo kit to it. I did a lot of research and found that it the only real difference between the LD and LDT motor is the addition of a turbo. The rest of the motor is the same. When I added the turbo kit I did not re-time the motor, I just bolted the kit on and let it ride. I noticed a HUGE reduction in smoke, and a small increase in power.