• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ldt bellhousing SAE size.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Well I am thinking anything is better than the LDS I have now. It will barely even pull itself around in 1st or 2nd Low. I found that LDT running and what not complete for $600 and its only 200 miles away. Compared to my other project I was looking at I think it would be alot easier.

longnosepete

New guy on the forum with a question about your post

Obviously it wasn't clear enough....! So here some pics and ... pls take a look at that chart again! This is a SAE #2 to SAE#3 adapter ring. Bolt circles are 18 3/8" and 16 7/8" respectively and holes are equidistant. Same for a SAE#1 but bolt circle is 20 7/8".
A little boring, I know, but...
Like I said before: Only the 5ton MF bell housings are #2. That ring out of a 7.3 Navistar perfectly fits on that LDS465-1A housing! But all of those 13 studs of the deuce MF are on a BC of 18 7/8" which is completely odd!
And by looking at your pic, your CAT isn't a #2 either!? BC might be 18 3/8" but the bolts/studs are not equidistant.... And BTW, you said you milled the back side of the adapter flat??? How did you do to exactly center it to the bell?

Hope this ......!
Good afternoon! you have some good information and photos there. I am trying to mate the 3053A to a #2 SAE housing and had sketched up an adapter ring much like the one in your photos. However, I don't want to go reinvent the wheel. So can you help me by deciphering the part number of the ring. I couldn't make the numbers out on the photos. In addition, whose part number (who's the manufacturer?) does that represent?

I've seen several mention of #2 to #3 SAE adapters on this web site but I've yet to see a part number or supplier (that still makes the part) listed.

Can you help a brother out?

Thanks in advance!

Bert

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
.......So can you help me by deciphering the part number of the ring. I couldn't make the numbers out on the photos. In addition, whose part number (who's the manufacturer?) does that represent?
Part# is 480861C1
(Read my post, here...... no idea who the manufacturer is...)
I would try to find a used part at your local truck-junkyard; or i.e. this company: $75, used

G.

longnosepete

Thanks for the quick response!, I had finally bumped into that particular post and, given the part number posted found it at the same supplier. I'm encouraged that you came up with the same source. At least I feel as though I'm heading in the right direction.

Bert