• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Leaking fuel tank, hard start and stall on m1028

Truckyea

Never mind, it was electrical.
It runs now.
My mechanic buddy came over and switched some wires around and changed some fuses.
He said I had the shut off solenoid and hot wire mixed up.

cucvrus

So you had the cold start advance/fast idle hooked up to the power connection. Makes perfect sense. i seen that before. Also seen a truck with the temperature sending unit hooked up to the glow plug and the glow plug hooked up to the temp sensor. Not hard to do they are both green. Glad you corrected that and got back on track with your project. with all the changes I was helpless to assist.

Truckyea

Thanks a lot for your help.
I can't believe I had those switched.
I spent countless hours researching and staring at all my connections.

The jig was up when I told my buddy it started with out the hot wire on ip.
So after about 10 mins he figured it out with a test light.

We also corrected the transmission linkage, and replaced the motor and trans mounts with urethane mounts.

I told him I couldn't believe how easy he made it all look. Got all the done in just a few hours, that's including going to the hardware store, and breakfast.

My glow plug wires still need replaced, as do many of the wires.
Relocating the rear battery the the driver side this week. I did end up getting a new driver side tray from LMC, along with a bunch of other parts I need to replace.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks