• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Length of Ring Mount Legs?

dmetalmiki

I had the ring but no legs. So we simply made legs out of scaffold poles. and mounted the ring at what looked a nice hieght. Remember the legs extend way down the back of the cab, so leave at a length that you can adjust to your preferences at any time in the future..

renovate7

Zout thanks for the info. Is that measured from the top of the arm or the bottom? I've got a set of legs that came off a non deuce vehicle. Two are 49" to the bottom of the arm, 54 1/2" to the top. The third is 57" to the bottom, 62 to the top. I'm trying to make sure they will work on a Deuce. I have them in the classified's here and don't want to sell something that's wrong.

zout

That is from bottom of the tube to the top of the tube itself.

I do have extra room on the bottoms of each - but I would not go much shorter because you also have the interior brace for support to contend with. But also realize mine did not come with the ring and legs - it was part of a trade and I just made it all work and fabbed some of it together - Ron with his wrecker came down on a Sat and helped with the "lift" - all hail RON - worked perfect.