• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

length of vehicle

ChrisW72971

Hey guys
I wanna get an M35 but I was wondering the length because I wanna know if it will fit in my driveway??? The one I want doesn't have a winch.

thanks

airmech3839

Check under the "resources" tab and go to specifications. I believe it is about 8' wide and I wanna say about 17' of course I could be wrong.

airmech3839

here straight from manual

Vehicle:M35A2 Description:2 1/2 ton 6x6 cargo truck Years Produced: Manufactured by:Kaiser-Jeep and A.M. General Length:278 1/4" w/w 264 1/4" wo/w Width:96" Height:112"; 81" with windshield down Weight (curb):13,530 w/w 13,030 wo/w Weight Capacity:10,000 Highway; 5,000 Cross Country

ChrisW72971

ok thanks a lot guys :-D
now I just gotta measure my driveway lol
I used to have a Ford e 350 box van with a 14ft box and electric lift gate and that was pushing it.
That box van could barely push itself down the road when loaded with about a ton.
So the Deuce should handle 2.5 tons without breaking a sweat????
Anybody here use theirs for hauling mini excavators or any other heavy equipment??

airmech3839

I was bad and was watching one riding down road in a racey video. no I have seen some guys towing like small farm tractors on a trailer with a bobcat in bed. farm tractor had bucket on it. don't know weights on that kinda equip though.

ChrisW72971

sweet thanks again guys.
Without searching through countless threads I was wondering if anyone uses the PTO for anything other than winches???
like maybe snowblowers or maybe a custom 3 pt hitch with a mini backhoe??
I like the Deuces but the attatchments I have seen for a Unimog amaze me.

ChrisW72971

so I measured the driveway. It is like 24'. My woman will never let me take up the whole thing. She is freaking out at the sheer size of the Deuce :-(.

ChrisW72971

yeah they are fun, I got to drive one offroad the other day :-D

I have been trying to show her videos of the giant dump trucks so she will think the Deuce is tiny lol :twisted:

G-Force

the one without winch is only 22 feet 1/4 inches....that leaves 1 foot 3/4 inches of driveway space (If my math is wrong I apologize...I have been mathematically challenged lately...). Just get the deuce and buy the little lady a smaller car!!!:wink:

GoldComet6

Get a new woman......:razz:

Does the width listed above include the mirrors? If not, how much do they add to the 8' width? In my case I'd be driving between the house and some leyland cypress trees., so I want to make sure I have enough room to clear. :?:

Wrench Wench

It takes a special kind of woman to appreciate all the finer qualities of a deuce. If she's the romantic, candle light dinner, walk in the moonlight, lay out under the stars kind of woman, then use the deuce to do all of those things with her.

Rig the bed with a table that converts into a camp bed; a pair of chairs; a large air mattress; a blanket; a nice, fine table clothe; a nice, quiet generator, the kind you can barely hear over the silence of the night; an electric warmer; a cooler stocked with ice; and a nice, romantic lamp, like a floor stander.

Cook for her (or hire out the catering for) a nice, romantic dinner, at least three courses, and put them in the cooler and warmer. Take her out to a nice, romantic spot in the Deuce, and before her eyes, rig the bed for the dinner under the stars and moon light. Afterwords, quickly clean up and go for a walk. On returning to the Deuce, rig it quickly for laying out under the stars in the bed with the air mattress. Oh, and of course talk some more.

If you're not into talking with your SO, learn.

This will show her all the benefits that can be had from owning a Deuce, and maybe she'll let you keep it.

Might want to bring along hearing protection for her. You don't want her to claim deafness when you're talking.

dk8019

Without breaking a sweat.... hahahhah :razz:

A Deuce in general breaks a sweat moving it's ownself. If you E350 seems slow, then a Deuce will be a whole different kind of slow. I've had around a ton or so in the back of the M109, a good load of cinder blocks, and it didn't feel any different then unloaded, but then again, most people wouldn't consider a Deuce unloaded, to be speedy anywhere except down hill. :razz:

With all that said, you should buy at least one anyways, maybe two, then a few trailers, and then a 5-ton cargo, and then maybe a tractor, say a 15 ton or so, a few flat bad trailers, and so forth, just for good measure. Buy one because they are awesome. :twisted:

ChrisW72971

dk...
its not that the e350 was slow, it had a big box and an electric lift gate. after loading it up with about a ton it had no power and the handling was scary.
I am betting the Deuce loaded may be slow as usual but the power will stay the same???
With the E350 I was getting ticking from the engine and all kinds of problems.

Wrench Wench
What are ya tryin ta do to me... make me "Soft"???
noooo pink tablecloths in the Deuce :p For that I already have my Hummer H3 lol

G-force....
well she already has a smaller car or she could use the Hummer ........
speaking of another vehicle with no nads my H3 has a 5 cylinder engine.... maybe I could just throw a Turbo Whistler into it??? muahahahaaaaaa:twisted:
and install portal axles

Last edited: