• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Let the work begin

camoyj7

Wheres that fire engine red gem of a fender you hauled home yesterday did you decide not to use it after all for the drivers side?
It was the white one you had. It was a little rusty on the inside of the lower edge so I worked over the orignal one then decided it was a little better. Thanks anyway.

big block 88

... but I bet you can wait for your LMC parts shipping bill! Over 20% of my total order was shipping. Pretty sad when the parts weighed less than half a pound and sent via USPS.

Short story: LMC charges through the nose for shipping.

I hear you on that, luckily i am 45 minutes from LMC and just go get my parts.

Anyway your doing great work on that ole girl. It is going to be very clean when finished.

swampzr2

Keep it green, it is easier and you will hardly see it anyways

Well I got busy today and painted the rest of the truck. I still have the roof to do. The truck is sold to a friend and he was wondering if the top would look better green or flat black. Anyone have any picks both ways?

epitts

Been making some progress on the pass side quarter panel this week. The dent has been a bigger pain in the a$$ then I first thought! I picked up a couple of tailgates and I think I'm going to use the black one. It's not all dented like the Mil. one. I just need to swap the guts and pull off the trim panel.
Keep in mind I am not a body man. I have the same dent issue but on the driver side. How did you get your I-bolt and backing plate behind to pull the dent? Did you cut a hole on the back side?

Thanks

camoyj7

Keep in mind I am not a body man. I have the same dent issue but on the driver side. How did you get your I-bolt and backing plate behind to pull the dent? Did you cut a hole on the back side?

Thanks
No I didn't cut any holes.I just reached up to the hole with the piece of 1/4 steel on the back side and bolted it together. Was not easy.
Yes I use a hvlp gun and still cover everything with overspray.