• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lets See Your 5-Ton!

RADDONKEY

It runs great, but needs some work on the brakes. I got them bleed enough to drive it today, but it needs a wheel cylinder on the rear axle. Yes the paint is a bit different, it had some law enforcment duty after it was retired from the military. I need to find a pto driveshaft for the winch, but its all there and complete.

Attachments

It runs great, but needs some work on the brakes. I got them bleed enough to drive it today, but it needs a wheel cylinder on the rear axle. Yes the paint is a bit different, it had some law enforcment duty after it was retired from the military. I need to find a pto driveshaft for the winch, but its all there and complete.
the good thing is, the winch drive shafts for the multifuels are pretty easy to find.

keep us updated with your proggres.

R Racing

Jeremy your no different than the rest of us ! You want it all! LMBO ! By the way I took a ride in 1 of Bkubu's FINE M923 It Was sweet he even turned on the AC for me !!

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My M51-A2 ... eh, ah , eh M52-A2 :?: :shock:? What the heck, call it M512-A2

S5031872_resize.jpg 04072011240.jpg 08072011309-resize.jpg

The first pic shows the M51 in dump version, the second in tracktor version. The 3rd. pic shows the dump bed being put back on the truck. Total conversion time from M51 to M52 or M52 to M51 about 90 minutes, provided somebody with a lifter and some chains is close.

Last edited:

marsman

What do you guys think about a M818 leave the rear axle and and put on a m105 bed that has the wheel wheels removed and welded up. Not sure on tire size. Gas mileage is bad on a 5 ton but i like them more then the deuces. No offence anyone.

Amer-team

Here is another one. 1968 M54A2C The picture with the cargo cover was at Ft. Lewis for AFD this year. And the other pictures were at an antique truck show last Fall. I thought you might find the comparison between the 68 5T and the 43 CCKW interesting. This truck was attached to the 80 OD at Ft. Lewis and is believed to have gone to Desert Storm with them.
It was also attached to the 214th Avn Co. which was based at Ft. Lewis, now JBLM.

Attachments

spartan_185

I became a proud 5 ton owner a few weeks ago. I orginally had won a non running 1984 m923 out of Ft. Sill Oklahoma and expected the worst when it came to the recovery. I had It pulled off base by a local towing company and took the trip down to see what I had gotten myself into. I got the surprise of My life when we hooked the batteries, checked the fluids, and pressed the start button. She fired right up ,and after a rigorous inspection, made 200+ mile trip home without a hitch. It even looks as if the truck may be a pretty recent rebuild. The only pictures I have as of now are ones taken through the windshield of the chase vehicle. More will follow once I get some 1600 R20 tires to mount on my recently acquired wheels, and a cab top.

Attachments

Bighurt

I became a proud 5 ton owner a few weeks ago. I orginally had won a non running 1984 m923 out of Ft. Sill Oklahoma and expected the worst when it came to the recovery. I had It pulled off base by a local towing company and took the trip down to see what I had gotten myself into. I got the surprise of My life when we hooked the batteries, checked the fluids, and pressed the start button. She fired right up ,and after a rigorous inspection, made 200+ mile trip home without a hitch. It even looks as if the truck may be a pretty recent rebuild. The only pictures I have as of now are ones taken through the windshield of the chase vehicle. More will follow once I get some 1600 R20 tires to mount on my recently acquired wheels, and a cab top.
Nice score, I've bid and have been watching M925's as of late.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks