• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lets See Your 5-Ton!

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice looking truck fuzzytoaster! Is this truck an A1 or A2? You got her going pretty good! 73?
Thanks! She is an A1 and was turned up by someone. The speedo stopped accurately tracking at about 62mph and only when I stopped for fuel my buddy in the chase car told me my speed. I thought he was pulling my leg.

Aren't those single tires only rated for 55mph?
Yes, 55mph under full load. I wouldn't dare do it again but she likes about 62mph without a load if you don't mind the occasional bounce.

tobyS

drnurse90, that's a nice looking truck. If your wondering about touch up paint, I've become rather partial to the Behr ultra premium exterior flat, available at Home Depot. Yours appears to be the 383 green and black. Welcome to the hobby.

74M35A2

Mine

Picking up a couch at Ikea: IMG_3959.jpg
Flags are not on truck, they are at store entrance, just coincidental pic.

Last edited:

tobyS

Dezert ratt, you must be partial to hydraulic brakes and shifting? That front-on shot shows the size difference real well of deuce and 5 ton. Nice trucks and not likely to rust away. Do you live in fire prone area?

dezert ratt

Fires aren't too bad out here, and yes I like the old bullnose trucks.
The newer 5tons are starting to grow on me, just don't know if I wanna jump onto that bandwagon yet! I would like to ad a m816 to the collection.

tobyS

THAT'S nice klawrence!!! I have a friend doing about the same to one I sold him. Are the 16's any problem (or are those 14's)?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks