• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lets See Your 5-Ton!

BARROWCANYON

15 hours of stressfull often white knuckle driving to Prudhoe from Fairbanks and another 12-15 hours to Barrow on the ice "road" which is just a rolligon trail for fuel deliveries. White outs, blowing snow can slo you to a crawl.

BARROWCANYON

No smilies appropriate enough for SS to describe it hahahaha!
I have a few good pics on face book. Richard Hutchinson. A black n white photo of my grandmother as a small girl is my avatar.

Last edited:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've received new pics of our truck sitting in Seattle but this won't let me upload em?
You're probably not allowing enough time for the SS Site to compress your pics to an acceptable size.... up to a few minutes per picture. Be patient after hitting the UPLOAD button and you may be suprised at the finished product.

IMHO

Danger Ranger

Easy lens color change...thats my guess. Don't have to replace the lights that way...work better in the fog...but theres no fog in the desert, is there?

Rkrug

Pretty sure they are just the mud flaps, were probably removed when they put the different bed on it, right now it has a camo bed and tan cab, will have to see about getting the bed repainted to match the rest of the truck, Right now though the only thing I want to do is get in and drive it but I'm going to be stuck in meetings all this week, So i guess i'll just have to wait a little longer:(

paradeduty

5-Ton HMTT Prototype

Thought I would add some pictures of the 5-Ton HMTT Prototype (Built at TACOM around 1976-78). We finally got some of the mechanical and quite a bit of the exterior restoration completed for a show this past summer. She runs a Detroit 6V53T and Allison box with a custom New Process transfer. She runs great, but my mechanic friends tell me that that engine is not rated at near the HP as the books say, so she is pretty underpowered. But she is a great old girl and always starts! The original stamped grill was pretty well mangled when I got it, so we took some "artistic license" when we had a new one CNC'ed. Just a note - the paint is just Behr exterior flat latex paint. It went down pretty well and the color match seems to be very good. Giving credit where credit is due - my wife put together the information board for the show - she is awesome!

Dave

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks