• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lift Kit HEADS UP !!!!!

allrevup

BDS Suspension has a LIFETIME warranty on ALL of their products. You only pay shipping. Just saying..............
You will like the BDS springs, if you have not used then before. IMO, I think for this application they are "the best OFF the shelf sprigs" on the market.

However my front left side has sagged about an inch, after ruling out shocks and bushings and calling BDS (my dealer has closed its doors) they refer me to the only other BDS dealer in Delaware, 2 plus hours away each way and about $100 worth of fuel. With out seeing the truck he wanted to replace almost everything springs, shocks, bushings... and about 6-8 hours worth of labor, I mention to him that it was only the front springs and that it took me about 6 hrs. including Front & rear springs, shocks, brake lines, dual steering damper and steering correction block, at the time with both new upper king ping bushings and studs in the driveway with out a lift.

I would have to pay for it all of this on my dime including the shipping of my springs to BDS, and if they determine that the spring is defective , then they will reinverst me, not sure if that would be for one or both front springs.
Right now I do not have the time to do this myself nor do I fell like discussing what I understand BDS, has to do to protect then self from vogues claims, but at this point the dealer they refereed me to sounds like they are discouraging warranty work or trying to make unnecessary repairs.
At end of the day, When I factor in the cost not including my time it will be cheaper to buy a new front spring set, a lot cheaper if I do not use BDS!

Just food for thought!

Last edited:

thirdstreettito

You still save a few hundred bucks though. My BDS dealer is only about 15 miles from me, so it's not a huge thing. It sucks that your is so ****ed far from you. Why does he have to do the labor? Why don't you just do it(again)?

allrevup

You still save a few hundred bucks though. My BDS dealer is only about 15 miles from me, so it's not a huge thing. It sucks that your is so ****ed far from you. Why does he have to do the labor? Why don't you just do it(again)?

I think you can do it yourself, But I would have to order replacement springs and either pay for shipping to my house or drive to the dealer, 2+ hours away to pick then up. Then pay to ship my old springs to BDS for "a possible arbitrary" warranty replacement. Does not make financial sense and Time to do this is an issue.

Last edited:

Sarge29

Have any of you had any luck on re-arching the front springs? My front seems to be just a little low after a 2 inch lift and a set of 36's.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks