LMTV Abs troubleshooting

Berend

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello

I have a 2001 M1078A1 where the abs light stays on. Does anyone know how to troubleshoot the abs or read the abs codes ?

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
On the c7 you might be able to read abs codes with a heavy truck reader. 3126 not sure there may be a separate diag port for it. The module by the air/hyd pump. I think there is a breaker for it in the panel.

snowtrac nome

I never had any abs issues on the trucks in Iraq. the system is about the same as commercial trucks you will need the wabco software and a code reader like a prolink than you can hool into the same dutch plug that is used for the engine or transmission.

Berend

Steel Soldiers Supporter
One of my rear brake chambers is leaking air, could that trigger the abs light? I did a brake test but even with the abs light on it still works.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
It shouldnt. It could just be a stored error that will self clear over time. There are wheel sensors that detect slip, some valves on the frame rail and the brain behind the cab.

Berend

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I disconnect my CTIS Controller the abs light go’s out. Switched to another CTIS controller and abs light stays off.

charlesrg

Bernard, do you think your previous CTIS controller was defective ? I was just testing another CTIS controller today and had the same issue. ABS light would come on on the new controller.

Berend

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes I think so, but could also be there was a green controller instead of the black one. Can’t remember anymore. If you put a green controller in a A1 truck you get all sorts of faults in the ctis and Abs.

Ronmar

The ABS fault disappearing when CTIS is unplugged indicates to me that it is probably a programming conflict. The CTIS is connected to the ABS, trans and engine controllers via the J1939 and J1587 data busses. I don’t think there is any actual or planned interaction with CTIS, they simply did it so it was one stop shopping for any programming, access and diagnosis...

If the ABS fault appeared when you plugged in CTIS, then it is probably a version or programming incompatibility, or there is a fault in that CTIS.
If it all of a sudden popped the ABS fault without you doing anything with CTIS, then perhaps it is some failure in the CTIS effecting comms on one of the data busses that the ABS controller is sensitive to.

You need to read the codes to see exactly what it is...

Or, you could disconnect the data buss connections in the CTIS connector and go on with your life as the CTIS operates independently other than receiving a speed signal and driving the overspeed warning light, which it accomplishes directly with hardwired signals with out need of the data busses...

charlesrg

The ABS fault disappearing when CTIS is unplugged indicates to me that it is probably a programming conflict. The CTIS is connected to the ABS, trans and engine controllers via the J1939 and J1587 data busses. I don’t think there is any actual or planned interaction with CTIS, they simply did it so it was one stop shopping for any programming, access and diagnosis...

If the ABS fault appeared when you plugged in CTIS, then it is probably a version or programming incompatibility, or there is a fault in that CTIS.
If it all of a sudden popped the ABS fault without you doing anything with CTIS, then perhaps it is some failure in the CTIS effecting comms on one of the data busses that the ABS controller is sensitive to.

You need to read the codes to see exactly what it is...

Or, you could disconnect the data buss connections in the CTIS connector and go on with your life as the CTIS operates independently other than receiving a speed signal and driving the overspeed warning light, which it accomplishes directly with hardwired signals with out need of the data busses...
Thank you very much. I will try to troubleshoot and post my findings. With my old controller I had no ABS light so it comes on everytime I put the replacement. So I decided to just stay with my old one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks