• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV Abs troubleshooting

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Alot of the used ones on ebay are base maintenance take out that went in the scrap bin and were picked out by someone at the scrap yard
Yep. And some will probably work because those guys throw parts at problems constantly. Still definitely a gamble.

aw113sgte

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Interesting - I wonder if the ABS ECU was the culprit for burning up the J1939 resistors.
That was someone else's. Mine had abs light on with no codes, weird reading for battery voltage, and wouldn't respond to modulator tests. Looked like a small amount of water got in a messed things up.

MatthewWBailey

Father, Husband and Barn Hermit
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad I found this thread. I'm diving into my abs soon as it clearly doesn't work. I can lock the rear tires easily in the driveway on ice, no abs light no nothing.

MatthewWBailey

Father, Husband and Barn Hermit
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check the fuses first, they love to pull them. On mine at least, the abs light is default on and the abs computer has to turn it off.
Ok cool. I know there are 2 breakers missing in the PDP last time I had it open. I didn't research them at the time.

Looking at my photos, CB82 is missing, which runs the K17 relay. I bought a surplus pdp for the spare beakers. So I'll try one in there.

7512160E-9645-4085-BB97-B974F98DBD67.pngA42F514B-1112-469B-960C-77C080B693AD.png

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks