• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV Air Conditioner

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Could someone please inform me of the auction site they were sold on?
Thanks for the information in advance.
GL has been trickling them out. Now migrated to fleabay with usual markup. NSN 2990-01-527-4412, p/n TV040074, Red Dot p/n RD-3-11670-0

scottmandu

GL has been trickling them out. Now migrated to fleabay with usual markup. NSN 2990-01-527-4412, p/n TV040074, Red Dot p/n RD-3-11670-0
That NSN is not in the ETM for the M1078A1.. I've been unable to find out what it goes to, is it the HiMARS?

Overdrive

OK late check-in for me on this post... Just got back from GL in Ohio and I have some of the AC/Heater units and now have both Compressor brackets #12 and #15. I am putting some of them up in the classifieds and will start working on install and write-ups for both next weekend...

Not enough time and energy to get everything done as fast as I want to :)

Great research going on in this thread!

OD

jpinst

Those units are made for the FMTV LTAS armored cab and the MTV MRAP. In the army, if its not armored you don't get AC. The interior the LTAS is nearly the same, so it should fit right it. Most of the other parts you need I have seen on eBay, but you are going to have to jerry rig a set up, but it should not cost too much. The LTAS has the same engine so you should be fine.

jpinst

If anybody wants some of the AC units, I still have 4 or 5 from last year, when I bought them for the LTAS and MRAP. These are extras and brand new and fit as a direct replacement in the FMTV/LMTV

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've managed to gather about half of the parts to complete my AC. looking next for a condensor. Thoughts as to stock or remote with fan types?
Eastern Surplus has NOS condensors for around $400 (I believe) plus shipping. That's the last piece I need , oh and a truck, but I'm about set as well.

tburk49760

$400 would wound my budget... I also wonder if the condenser in the stock location would require for the air controlled radiator fan to be operating whenever the air conditioning was operating. If so, the noise would be ridiculous! It seems as though that fan is about twice as big as it needs to be. And about 10 times noisier!

tburk49760

I saw the diagram for the fancy actuator controlled ac unit. Where can I find the diagram for the cable actuated unit? Trying to determine which wires are for what. Red Dot model r-5750-0

Overdrive

AC Condensor and Generation change on AC/Heater

I am on the AC trek as well. I am picking up some MRAP condensors in Ohio in a few weeks. Getting both the big 3 fan and the smaller Navistar 2 fan units. I am going to try the under bed route for the condenser similar to what Suprman posted using the smaller 2 fan condenser.

Not sure if anyone noticed but there are two different main AC units for the cab. I am going to call them Gen 1 and Gen2. Both are now all over eBay (I have a bunch of both as well but only selling here on SS for now ;). The gen 2 units are physically bigger than Gen 1 but the width is the same to fit in place. While the heater lines look the same the output for the AC coolant/evaporator lines are very different. Gen 1 has the lines coming out the back right along with the heater lines but the Gen 2 has hard points for the lines to connect underneath the unit. This may require some drilling/modification to the cab to get them to fit. Be careful out there folks on what your buying to make sure it actually fits!

I am going to attempt to install a Gen 2 unit in my truck as soon as I get the AC compressor brackets installed. Lucky for me I also want to flush the cooling system and add a block heater so going to try to get it all done in one whack.

ac001.jpg ac002.jpg ac003.jpg
The Gen 2 unit looks wider than the Gen 1 but I measured twice and they are the same. The height and depth are different.

Also have a covert operation to have crank pulley fabricated for the AC compressor belts so stay tuned on that!

Thanks!
OD

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks