• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV Air Conditioner

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I reviewed the diagram. I guess you're right it only says "high" pressure switch. I don't see low pressure mentioned. Do they think you should assume that's a binary switch with both high and low pressure protection? It's hard to know if this engineer had thier coffee that day. Ha ha.
I don't think they worried about low pressure - they may have wanted the system to run even if it was slightly low on charge. But that's just a guess. I guess it could be a binary switch but I don't have any evidence one way or the other without asking Red Dot besides the nomenclature not mentioning any low pressure cut-out function.

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You know "your stuff", GeneralDisorder.

Out of curiosity, where did you pick all of that up?

Just picking up stuff along the way, or are you maybe a former HVAC tech?
I know enough to be dangerous with HVAC - I own a repair/performance shop and so to buy refrigerant and legally work on AC systems in vehicles you must complete SAE training to get the license or they won't sell you the stuff (in bulk anyway - you can buy small cans over the counter but not the 30lb cylinders). Then you have to buy a machine to properly recover the refrigerant - that was only $5,000 or so. :rolleyes:

Also did some work with refrigerated (and desiccant) air dryers for commercial compressed air systems in a former career path. So I've stared way too long at refrigerant pressure and troubleshooting charts over the years. You pick things up.

WassawBound

Guys, I think I'm going to throw parts at this AC system, flush it and see it I can get it running again. I think at a minimum I'll replace the TXV expansion valve, the drier and the binary switch. Does anyone have part numbers for those items?

Will any universal drier do? My drier has no markings on it. The label is faded on the binary switch too. Most of these kits include the switch. What voltage is the switch, 24V?

What's the part number on the Gen 2 unit's expansion valve?

Attachments