• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV Cab Suspension Airbags Alternative

Asymair95

PP997900 is the part number you are referring to. I posted it above, and they are indeed over $400 each now. I also bought good used bags because of the increased cost.

Great pictures and descriptions. We really need someone to come up with a way to crimp a new bag on the old assembly. I know pex pipe plumbing uses a similar crimping band on all their connections. This just looks like a larger version of that.

ckouba

Steel Soldiers Supporter
PP997900 is the part number you are referring to. I posted it above, and they are indeed over $400 each now. I also bought good used bags because of the increased cost.
That's not correct for the combo unit. Jeff was very patient about getting this clarified: PP997900 is for the bag only. It was ~$500 for a shipped pair. He had a separate number for the shock (PP954900) and it is definitely NOT included with the PP997900. The combo unit was something like $439 each, it was ~$900 with freight if I had pulled the trigger.

Ohio Hydraulic even list the two components together on the same page with their individual prices:

ramdough

Seems like it is almost getting cheaper to get one if the aftermarket systems. My understanding is that people are happy with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
And a shock, yes you could as long as you can figure out the weight right and if the cab weight stays fairly constant. Not sure how shifting a 200# pax in and out of the center seat would effect it though...
Once the proper coil springs were located and tacked where the bags were anything above the cab riding bottomed out would be good enough it seems to me 2 to 4 inches to travel on a big bump in the road . Ive got to pinpoint where the cab is always going to be before i cut out my access hole from cab thru box and to much variable with bags up bags leaked down ect

Last edited:

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Once the proper coil springs were located and tacked where the bags were anything above the cab riding bottomed out would be good enough it seems to me 2 to 4 inches to travel on a big bump in the road . Ive got to pinpoint where the cab is always going to be before i cut out my access hole from cab thru box and to much variable with bags up bags leaked down ect
2 maybe 3 115lb strippers or 1 fat girl what ever the climate dictates

Ronmar

2 maybe 3 115lb strippers or 1 fat girl what ever the climate dictates
Well y0u pass thur has to accomidate whatever the
If I recall my measurements correctly, the shocks in the stock system only allow about 1.75” of total travel, and deflating only lowers about 1” from the set ride height... It isn’t much travel, and your pass-thru should be able to accommodate that if it can deal with any suspension movement at all... i was contemplating fixed coil-overs and I may still play around with it, but I also drew up an airbag system:)

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oddly enough, these are real world issue for me...

View attachment 835263
Do you think she would enjoy an all expence paid vacation to CHUCKYLAND a new swim park here in middle Tennessee in my backyard and its never crowded (TRUST ME) all meals and housing furnished dont even bother bringing cloths they will be provided !!!

olly hondro

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The pictured aftermarket with the external shock will not clear the bigger tires. I suppose I could calculate the correct rate/travel of a coil-over, then install something close to that, then take it out when it does not work and try other ones until I find one that DOES work.....

roverchef

The pictured aftermarket with the external shock will not clear the bigger tires. I suppose I could calculate the correct rate/travel of a coil-over, then install something close to that, then take it out when it does not work and try other ones until I find one that DOES work.....
Bigger tires being 16.00R20? I have close to 20 different sets of coil springs I'm gonna play with and see if any of them will give a nice ride and keep good road manners. I will post up my findings.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks