• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

lmtv ctis wheel hose sources

jkcondrey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am looking at replacing one or two of the hoses on my lvad wheels. Figure 158 in parts diagram, item 27 and 18. Rubber is falling off and steel webbing is rusting. I have only found one source only for each, at a hefty $72 and $161. Anyone know of a more family friendly budget source?

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I have the complete assemblies both new and used with the valves rebuilt. Not cheap though. You may be able to take off the wheel valve to valve stem hose and have a Parker store make one. Not sure if they would have the valve to banjo connection though.
Will

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I am looking at replacing one or two of the hoses on my lvad wheels. Figure 158 in parts diagram, item 27 and 18. Rubber is falling off and steel webbing is rusting. I have only found one source only for each, at a hefty $72 and $161. Anyone know of a more family friendly budget source?

those prices won't do you any good really with a lead time on the one of 58 days and the other is 106 days to have them made since spicer does not stock it anywhere in the country.

I have several totes full of take off valves with hoses.

Third From Texas

Have you tried a local hydraulic/pneumatic repair shop (one that makes hoses)?

I've got two spare in the same condition (rubber has rotted and the steel braid has rusted up). I'm just going to take one to a couple shops. Pretty much standard hose (same exact hose on my off-road shocks that run to the the reserve canisters) and standard fittings. Only thing you need is the banjo fitting on the one end (and those can be found online or at NAPA last I heard).

Brand new should be a ton cheaper than surplus (funny how that works sometimes). I mean unless you just must have actual OEM milspec (that someone made up the same way at one point).

If I get out to the shops next week I'll post what they quote me. And I'll see if I can find the link to those banjo bolts.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks